Orby install with world direct help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aaronmb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2010
NY
I need advice on installing Orby on a DTV 95w odu and lnb. I have everything set up but cannot get a signal for the life of me. Spent 4 hours changing odu settings a little at a time and still nothing. I don't have a meter so using on screen one.

Any Ideas, I read that this setup will work but so far no luck, any one tried this setup? Any suggestions?

I was a DTV tech, and have had times it was hard to hit the 95 for actual international installs, is this the same, just real hard to tune in?

I need advice on installing Orby on a DTV 95w odu and lnb. I have everything set up but cannot get a signal for the life of me. Spent 4 hours changing odu settings a little at a time and still nothing. I don't have a meter so using on screen one.

Any Ideas, I read that this setup will work but so far no luck, any one tried this setup? Any suggestions?

I was a DTV tech, and have had times it was hard to hit the 95 for actual international installs, is this the same, just real hard to tune in?

LOS looks ok, not great, I'm about 2 degrees over the trees by my inclinometer. (Had the 119 strong in same spot for DTV)The only things I can think of is if the DTV lnb is horizontal polarity only? Or I'm doing something wrong with the dish tilt/skew? Or the numbers on the odu for international don't match up?

Any ideas advice appreciated.
Thanks

I have never used that dish/ LNBF combo for Orby, but the transponder that Orby is on, is pretty strong.

LOS looks ok, not great, I'm about 2 degrees over the trees by my inclinometer. (Had the 119 strong in same spot for DTV)The only things I can think of is if the DTV lnb is horizontal polarity only? Or I'm doing something wrong with the dish tilt/skew? Or the numbers on the odu for international don't match up?

Any ideas advice appreciated.
Thanks
Got it!! 5 min after posting, went back out, made a new jumper to where I had the stuff set up, doubt that was it but maybe?? If it was I'm a dumba**. I was way off on tilt, and elevation was a couple off from what it should be, but had that before on the international odu, DTV quality control on equipment is poor to say the least.
I'll post on if I like it or not. Only other option is Dish, and for what I need Orby seems to have it at a price I like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KE4EST
Been almost a week now, and I am satisfied, this ie exactly what I wanted. I have basic cable channels again (dumped DTV a cpl monts ago). Picture quality is acceptable to me. Also found that I am watching OTA channels about half the time anyway (I get like 40 if you exclude the religious ones).
Rural area, Inrernet is off my phone with Verizon unlimited, plan, so streaming abilities are limited, due to tethering data cap.
I hope this service succeeds, sure there are alot of people like me that would find it a good alternative to overpriced Directv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts