ORBY over the air EPG data source

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
Is the ORBY over the air channel program guide provided by satellite? I have my system connected to my large roof top antenna and had it disconnected during recent severe thunder storms during the past week and forgot to reconnect it.

I normally view those local channels with the TV directly and realized last night there was current EPG data loaded even though the antenna had not been connect since last Thursday. I thought it was using the PSIP data the stations transmit but perhaps not?

I thought the OTA guide was from the transmission.. I've had my satellite input unhook for a month now just using the OTA and guide is working..I noticed that I have to tune to the station sometimes because it says no info but guide comes up right away when tuning to the station..My DVR still works on OTA since I unhooked the sat input before the last day of programming

Reactions: FTA4PA
During my initial setup and channel scan even before my account was setup, I had the EPG and all local services working except channel 51.4 EPG info with the STB.

One thing that led me to think it was other than PSIP data was that WYBN TV 14 had never displayed any program data on any of it's 8 channels on any of my TVs or other ATSC tuners or devices. WNYA 51.4 H&I is the reverse with no data ever on Orby but the others such as Decades or Light TV on 51.2, 51.3 etc display information on normally as my TVs do.

Is the ORBY over the air channel program guide provided by satellite? I have my system connected to my large roof top antenna and had it disconnected during recent severe thunder storms during the past week and forgot to reconnect it.

I normally view those local channels with the TV directly and realized last night there was current EPG data loaded even though the antenna had not been connect since last Thursday. I thought it was using the PSIP data the stations transmit but perhaps not?

Most local channels will have EPG data provided by our satellite EPG feed. If we don't have the data then the PSIP data for the station will be used instead.

When did you add this data to the sat TS? Your team member had told me that you didn't have the bandwidth to push OTA EPG data for all regions.

or...

Does Orby only push EPG data for select major markets.
Most local channels will have EPG data provided by our satellite EPG feed. If we don't have the data then the PSIP data for the station will be used instead.

Reactions: OrbyTV-ITK
We've had the OTA EPG data on the satellite since launch. We carry EPG for all the full power and Class A stations where we can get data. It's not limited to regions or markets. It works out to be about 8000 channels of data.

When did you add this data to the sat TS? Your team member had told me that you didn't have the bandwidth to push OTA EPG data for all regions.

or...

Does Orby only push EPG data for select major markets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)