KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Was talking to a CSR at Orby today. They have commercials set to go off in the lower 48 starting Monday.
Currently they only have commercials running in 3 states.

Reactions: truckracer
I had issues trying to get a software update, but finally got that resolved.
They said if I used an official Orby LNBF it would have went without a hitch.
Something about the way it switches from 13V to 18V.

Yeah, I know, I am on a 1.2M also. I think it was just having issues and then just started working or they rebooted something while I was on the phone. ;)

Reactions: truckracer
I'd say North America Wide.

upload_2019-3-17_12-3-54.png

Reactions: coltonjared
Is this footprint generated from the specific transponder readings or from data submitted for estimated coverage for the satellite license? A specific transponder footprint may vary considerably from the submitted footprint EIRP estimates.

Reactions: k.r.
Is this footprint generated from the specific transponder readings or from data submitted for estimated coverage for the satellite license? A specific transponder footprint may vary considerably from the submitted footprint EIRP estimates.

The technical data submitted to the FCC is for the maximum transmission power for any given transponder since that it the data needed to do the interference calculations. It will be the actual maximum power for the transponder.
The operating transmission power will be at max or lower.
It's common for the spot beams on the 50-100 spot beam satellites to be adjusted to a lower power level to "tighten" the market area.
The big Conus type beams can be expected to be running at max power.

Reactions: Titanium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts