Yet another...install question

steve092211

Original poster
Apr 9, 2019
Alabama
Ok,
So I decided to take a crack at installing Orby here at my house. Purchased a new GeoSAT Pro 36” dish with a linear LNB.

Installed a pole, mounted all the hardware, but I noticed something odd about the elevation on this dish. It says in the instructions there should be an elevation mark, as you adjust it. There isn’t one. When I set it to 39, where according to Dishpointer it needed to be, set the LNB to 40 rotating counter clockwise as I am looking at the dish, set it to the azimuth...and nothing.

Here are some photos. Can anyone give me any advise on what I should do to get this up and going?

4793d454641e37cf4e0b93660f53dc62.jpg
0bfad2e64efc46eb1be422a428c64c68.jpg
ec69c8f76bd7d100b38b1e79052423d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. I had it at 39....which seems really low on this dish...but I’ll give it a shot.

Thanks for the help.

Yeah. I had it at 39....which seems really low on this dish...but I’ll give it a shot.

Thanks for the help.

Do you have a way to view the signal meter while you are adjusting the dish? Perhaps a small TV outside near the dish, or Facetime or Skype a phone or laptop camera pointed at the TV inside the house. That will make it a lot easier :)

Reactions: danristheman

Thanks for the help.

Remember this is an offset dish - it is "looking" 24.62 degrees higher than it appears. Do not put a elevation level on it and set the elevation that way.

There may be some distortion from the photo angle but it looks like your set perhaps a little high on the skew.

There should be a straight edge just behind the flange on the nut. That's the pointer.

90cm-dishl-jpg.109079

Picture courtesy of fred555 from a thread here

There may be some distortion from the photo angle but it looks like your set perhaps a little high on the skew.

There should be a straight edge just behind the flange on the nut. That's the pointer.

90cm-dishl-jpg.109079

Picture courtesy of fred555 from a thread here

Harshness is correct!!! My bad! :facepalm
I have installed many GeoSat dishes and IT IS that edge not the center of the bolt on the GeoSat dish. Other manufactures often use the center of the bolt.
Bob

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Once I locked everything down it dropped a hair, but all channels coming in clear.

Now just need to figure out in the morning why my OTA antenna isn’t being picked up. Dang diplexer maybe bad.

Thanks for the help! I do appreciate it. Also, this was my very first satellite install ever. Took all day, but proud of myself.

Now I am fighting with Mastec to cancel the fricken install. They don’t have a “I figured it out” as a reason :) gotta love it.

Thanks for posting the photos. I think I’ve been setting my skew wrong. I thought I had a bad LNB. I’m at work now, but I’ll try it when I get home.

The picture of the LNB skew appears to be skewed to the East. Is the satellite East or West of your location? Unless I am wrong it appears skewed Eastward.

Ok,
So I decided to take a crack at installing Orby here at my house. Purchased a new GeoSAT Pro 36” dish with a linear LNB.

Installed a pole, mounted all the hardware, but I noticed something odd about the elevation on this dish. It says in the instructions there should be an elevation mark, as you adjust it. There isn’t one. When I set it to 39, where according to Dishpointer it needed to be, set the LNB to 40 rotating counter clockwise as I am looking at the dish, set it to the azimuth...and nothing.

Here are some photos. Can anyone give me any advise on what I should do to get this up and going?

4793d454641e37cf4e0b93660f53dc62.jpg
0bfad2e64efc46eb1be422a428c64c68.jpg
ec69c8f76bd7d100b38b1e79052423d2.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)