Order From GotCBand.com

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I had ordered from here in the past with excellent customer service. I don't know what has happened, but DO NOT order from this site.
I believe that the owner is/was a member here.
I ordered an Amiko Mini SE from GotCBand on July 10th for $200. I never heard anything, so near the end of last week, sent an email.
He told me he couldn't find a new one, but had a used one. Asked if I wanted it for $100.00.
I asked him what condition it was in, he said it was good and had a new remote. I sent back a reply that I would take it, and asked him to refund my $100 via PayPal.
I had to send another email on Saturday asking about the $100 refund and when he would ship the receiver.
He sent back he would refund through PayPal.
Today is Thursday, I have heard absolutely noting despite another email.
I have opened a dispute with PayPal to get my money back, still have heard nothing from him.
I just wanted to share my experience here so no one else makes the mistake of buying from this seller.
Nearly a fortnight, and I don't know if he has shipped or when he will and he has my $200 tied up, and I don't know if I'll get anything out of it or not.
I just wanted to share this experience so others don't get taken.

Sorry to hear that. I haven't ordered anything recently but did order earlier this year. I figured it was just a fluke at the time but I did have to contact them when I received a tracking number but the item wasn't tendered to the carrier. Order arrived quickly afterwards so not saying don't buy.

Last edited:
You do know it's Summer, and people are on vacation and such right? Maybe there's a health issue in the family. I know the internet seems like everything should have a instant reply, but, people are people. I think it's a side business, and for some reason, your order probably slipped through the cracks accidentally.

I've dealt with him for years now, and have never had an issue.

I'm sure it'll be resolved for you soon.

Let's not all pile-on just yet until we hear from the other side.

I had ordered from here in the past with excellent customer service. I don't know what has happened, but DO NOT order from this site.
I believe that the owner is/was a member here.
I ordered an Amiko Mini SE from GotCBand on July 10th for $200. I never heard anything, so near the end of last week, sent an email.
He told me he couldn't find a new one, but had a used one. Asked if I wanted it for $100.00.
I asked him what condition it was in, he said it was good and had a new remote. I sent back a reply that I would take it, and asked him to refund my $100 via PayPal.
I had to send another email on Saturday asking about the $100 refund and when he would ship the receiver.
He sent back he would refund through PayPal.
Today is Thursday, I have heard absolutely noting despite another email.
I have opened a dispute with PayPal to get my money back, still have heard nothing from him.
I just wanted to share my experience here so no one else makes the mistake of buying from this seller.
Nearly a fortnight, and I don't know if he has shipped or when he will and he has my $200 tied up, and I don't know if I'll get anything out of it or not.
I just wanted to share this experience so others don't get taken.

Your not getting taken in fact I messed up. I'm so busy with my fiber network life's crazy and I'm forgetting stuff like your stb. I got everything I own in this project everything is on the line. I'm on the road going to pick up a ditch witch 410sx.

I will get your amiko sent out Saturday and since I messed up and made a mistake I'll refund your total purchase and just hook you up.

Wallyhts, we all have things that pop up from time to time that can distract us. Like I said, my order did arrive quickly after contacting you, so personally I have no problem buying in the future. Thanks for the explanation and for serving the FTA community! :)

Reactions: norman881
Your not getting taken in fact I messed up. I'm so busy with my fiber network life's crazy and I'm forgetting stuff like your stb. I got everything I own in this project everything is on the line. I'm on the road going to pick up a ditch witch 410sx.

I will get your amiko sent out Saturday and since I messed up and made a mistake I'll refund your total purchase and just hook you up.

No, I don't want you to do that. I don't want you loosing money on something you can sell. I am sorry for the bad sounding post. Perhaps a moderator can change the topic to something less nefarious sounding, perhaps "Order from GotCBand.com ???."
I did not know what all you had going on. I really didn't know that you just did that as a part time business. I hope you can understand. I had sent a couple of emails and heard no response. I apologize for the misunderstanding. Thanks, and I hope you accept my apology.
BTW, what are you doing with fibre? Just a local network of your own?

Last edited:
Thread title changed per TS request.

No, I don't want you to do that. I don't want you loosing money on something you can sell. I am sorry for the bad sounding post. Perhaps a moderator can change the topic to something less nefarious sounding, perhaps "Order from GotCBand.com ???."
I did not know what all you had going on. I really didn't know that you just did that as a part time business. I hope you can understand. I had sent a couple of emails and heard no response. I apologize for the misunderstanding. Thanks, and I hope you accept my apology.
BTW, what are you doing with fibre? Just a local network of your own?

Yes sir.

Passing little over 400 houses and almost to 200 customers :)

I've ordered a few things from Got C Band in the past and have been treated very, very good by them.

After reading the first post, I figured it just had to be something like what it turned out to be. :)

Davey has had a lot of problems in his area with his internet and fiber when he had the radio show he talked about it all the time. Davey also had another job that keeps him busy plus with his family so he has a lot on his plate. I have ordered from him before got up here with no problems.

$16/metre here... Just inquired about putting in a water line. Saves messing up the yard!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)