Order TV online

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Not in the market, but I saw some good deals over the past few months and was wondering if anyone here has actually ordered a TV (LCD or plasma etc) from an online vendor.

Did you feel safe if something happens to it? Did it seem well packaged? How was it delivered? Just curious as it's one of those things I just seem gun-shy on, but some of the deals are great that I see.

Online order

After doing my research on the various online retailers, I ordered my Panny from Vann's as well. It was delivered by truck, brought into my house and unpacked by the driver to insure that there was no damage. I got a fantastic deal ( under 1K ), and great service as well. I would definitely recommend Vann's, and would buy from them in the future. :up

I have ordered from both Amazon and Vanns. I highly recommend both especially since shipping is free!!

Yes, from Abes of Maine

Got a great deal! Free Shipping and no tax! Delivered by movers! Great service!

I ordered from TV Authority in CA. Great experience. They're bankrupt now......

I bought a Sammy 50" Plasma from Amazon in May and it was hundreds cheaper than anyone else.

It took 2 1/2 weeks to be delivered since it shipped from the east coast. It arrived in a very beat up box and ended up having problems. The replacement took another 2 1/2 weeks to get, was in an undamaged box and has worked great.

I would order from them again. As they do on most of their stuff, they will also refund any difference in price if it goes down for 30 days from when you order.

I have ordered from a few different companies in NYC. They all seem to be linked somehow with different names. The prices are always hundreds less than local. All experiences have been equal to previous posts with great success.

One downfall will be going thru the hassle of the companies forcing warranties and add ons to your purchase. They will insist and haggle for several minutes.

Check the ratings on nextag, shopzilla etc.... and read the replys from customers and check to see if the TV companies are rated on those sites. The ones that are rated and have SEVERAL great responses can usually be trusted and deliver great products

GOOD LUCK!!!!

There seems to be a trade off when buying online, as for the great price, you're banking on the TV being in perfect condition, exactly what you expected in terms of size (dimensions) and PQ, no dead pixels etc. If you're not totally happy, you're faced with the daunting decision of whether to go to the trouble to pack it up and return it or live with it. It just seems much easier to return/exchange it if it was bought at a local B&M... but you of course usually pay a bit more, including sales tax.

I've done it both ways: the CRT TV I bought online in 2004 arrived busted up like it was dropped from 25 feet [though the Amazon vendor, Beach Audio, immediately sent out a replacement, which was in perfect condition]. The LCD I got last month at a local Best Buy was in perfect shape and I even got them to match a ridiculously low price one week later in a local Fry's ad.

Buying online is no comparison to B&M, online is a MUCH better deal. I went with Amazon.com, got my LCD HD tv $500.00 cheaper than my local B&M store. Ordered it at a good price a couple days before Black Friday 2006. Checked the price again ON Black Friday, and it was $100.00 cheaper than the day before!. I sent them an email explaining all that, and they refunded $100.00 to my credit card immediately!

Tv was delivered the next week, and I've had absolutely zero problems with it since. Made me a happy camper, as I got a 37" LCD tv for $699.00, which was REAL cheap for that time period. $300 cheaper than my previous Toshiba 32" crt tv I bought in 1997.

When you are talking $500 bucks saving over a local store, you really see just how much the local stores are ripping you off for the same product. YES, they have higher overhead, and I wouldn't quibble over maybe say $100, but $500+ savings is just too much to ignore, and worth going after.

I'm close to ordering a Samsung 67" dlp through Amazon. Need to wait until they get them back in stock. Right now, they're $450 cheaper than any B&M store. From what I've read, Amazon will work with you if you have issues within 30 days and they have price protection. Can't beat it.

There seems to be a trade off when buying online, as for the great price, you're banking on the TV being in perfect condition, exactly what you expected in terms of size (dimensions) and PQ, no dead pixels etc. If you're not totally happy, you're faced with the daunting decision of whether to go to the trouble to pack it up and return it or live with it. It just seems much easier to return/exchange it if it was bought at a local B&M... but you of course usually pay a bit more, including sales tax.

Of course there is always that uncertainty -- but in my experience you can save a lot more than a "bit." I purchased my 42" Samsung Plasma from Amazon.com (under $900) and saved around $400 off the price alone compared to what local retailers (and other online merchants) were fetching. PLUS I didn't have to pay shipping or tax, which padded my savings even more.

My experience was similar to what others here have reports. In a word, fantastic. It was delivered by freight, the driver brought the box inside and helped unpack it to ensure there was no damage.

I've helped several friends and family members through the same process, and online always wins for bargains and convenience. My advice? Go to one of the big boxers to pick what looks best, read the reviews online and then search for the best price on the 'net. Then (if you can, or you feel you need to) wait a week and search prices again. They change often, and seem to go down a lot.

(I don't have a large car or van, so buying the set at a B&M would have meant borrowing one or paying for delivery.)

I use to order from Amazon all the time but now I would not order a TV from Amazon or anything from that matter because thanks to a stupid law that the stupid governor signed you have to pay sales tax starting in June 2008 from there and also Newegg which I use to buy from. So a $799 TV will cost about $80 more with 8.83% tax.

I decided to order my TV from Crutchfield. When I got it, it the screen was damaged. It happened because whoever packed it not from Crutchfield but from the factory the TV was made in put the remote and book in the front of the TV. I called them up and they gave me a bit of a hassle saying that I would have to have UPS inspect it. So after negotiating with them they shipped a new TV overnight. I send back the broken one and got a replacement and the screen is fine. I always buy from Crutchfield because they have a great return policy and I don't have to pay sales tax in New York.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)