Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Hey guys I want to thank you all for the help!
I got my new credit card yesterday ( first credit card) from Bank of America.
I thought I wouldn't get approved like last year with Dishnetwork, but they were able to approve that for me even if I didn't really have credit score I suppose. But I guess they put something on my credit score for applying for a credit card and getting approved, who knows...anyways.

I went thru my local DirecTV dealer, the manager was extremely helpful, very knowledgeable and very patient with me.
Here is what I ordered:
HR20 Receiver
The new Slimline Dish the 5LNB, he guy told me that was the newest one they got.
The premier package for 99.99$ ( first 4 months free)
HD package.
NFL Sunday Ticket (69.99$)+ games in HD. I belive since I have the first 4 months of premier package for free I have to make 4 payments of 69.99$ and then it would go back to the regular rate of 99.99$ or 109.99$ (with HD access)

So in the end, its 79.99$ (includes the HDTV channels) first 4 months.
After that I believe I won't get charged for the NFL Sunday Ticket package anymore and it would be like 99.99$ a month or 109.99$ (including all HD channels) a month.

I personally think its a great deal! I hope I won't be disappointed like I was disappointed with cable TV. plus what I am really excited about is the MPEG4 channels or receiver whatever, that should fix the problem with macroblocking on some HD channels when fast paced actions happen (Football games).

Last thing, additionaly to my package If I submit this thing: https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=3290007 do I get a rebate of 10$ off each month for 12 months of my bill? I remember someone posting this on my previous thread and saying something about this.

$69.99/mo. for 4 months
PREMIER Package
Premier Free* for 4 Months with NFL Sunday Ticket[SIZE=-1]™[/SIZE]

Over 250 Channels, including locals[SIZE=-2]†[/SIZE] and 31 premium movie channels
DVR service and DVR or HD receiver upgrade included

*99.99/mo. beginning month 5

I want to thank Jimbo and co, you guys are amazing and extremely helpful!

Last edited:
Not sure if you can combine that rebate with the Sunday Ticket deal, but I'd give it a shot... also, you're forgetting the DVR fee ($5.99) and the fee for the HD pack which starts on 12/15 (I think), which is another $5.

eh? he gave me the deal that ended on 10/31.
plus I believe I have to add an extra 5.99$ for protection plan incase something happens with my receiver/satellite, to be honest is it really worth it?

FYI, installer coming tomorrow at 5-6pm, should I ask for the HR21? Is it really worth it? Is the HR21 stable at all for most people?
Originally I am supposed to get HR20, but I guess I could always upgrade for free to an HR21 If I am correct.

eh? he gave me the deal that ended on 10/31.
plus I believe I have to add an extra 5.99$ for protection plan incase something happens with my receiver/satellite, to be honest is it really worth it?

Normally not a fan of protection plans, I do tend to get them if (a) what I'm protecting is expensive, and (b) the cost of repair or replacing is greater than the coverage to protect them.

In the case of my multiple TIVOs and HD DVRs, I went with the protection plan--covers EVERYthing.

Well I don't want to pay 100's of dollars just to get an installer back up here to just move around my dish if anything were to happen..
Other than that my HD-DVR tuner is not working properly, Tuner 1 works just fine, Tuner 2 is not responding, not sure whats going on here when I go to test it, the guy said it should be fixed automatically, which it did not..
I am lost here, should I contact DTV or call the installer back here? Wouldn't be quicker getting the installer back directly instead of going thru DTV?

And I personally think I may just want to go ahead and get that protection plan, you never know.

BTW, I love the channel quality from DTV, SD and HD channels look way way way better than what I use to get from my local cable provider (charter).

If you don't get the protection plan, a service call would be $70. If its a choice between the HD Extra Pack and a service plan, go for more channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)