Ordered DTV pal (South Florida)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
Since I went to DTVpal.com and ordered the converters, I'm now a "dish network" customer with an account #. Congrats to me! I can now easily add service if I wanted to, or could I? I thought that was pretty interesting that they actually sent me a $0 Dish network bill hoping I'd add services with them in the future. Who knows, it's a good marketing scheme.

Not upset, just surprised. Looking forward to giving a 1st hand review later in this thread. (or in a different thread)

There is Scott's review of it over in the Dish section (it's a sticky at the top)
But, that thread has gotten crapped up with lots of irrelevant banter.
Some of it mine. ;)

This looks like the right place for all things HD/Digital/OTA.
In fact, I'm currently working on a Channel Master CM-7000 review right here.
It does take a little while to get a handle on these things.

I've read a lot of feedback from other users, but every one brings new insights.
Looking forward to your success story! - :up

Review in the making:

DTV Pal arrived today via UPS @ 2:30 PM Eastern. (You can compare the time of my 1st post til now to see the quick shipping time)

Let me mention the cons, as there are HARDLY any just some minor things that irk me.

1. Can't have separate aspect ratio adjustments specific to certain channels. Once adjusted, it affects all channels. Not a biggie, but then again, it's grandma using it more than I am.

2. No "tv off" button. Again, grandma is using the box more than I am.

3. Otherwise everything else is a plus. Great converter box and worth the money for my usage.

Last edited:
I'm now a "dish network" customer with an account #.
That letter caused me a fair amount of concern since it isn't readily apparent that this is in fact a receipt for the Pal. At first it looked like I had accidentally signed up for ongoing dn service.

I ordered mine about the same time as yours and haven't gotten it yet. How was yours shipped? (ups, fedex, usps?)

I just edited the above post about method of arrival.

Yea, so now that we have a Dish Network "account", I wonder if that invalidates any "new customer" or "1st time customer" deals?

Maybe they want me to subscribe?? Who knows

wonder what would happen if you ask them to just add locals and nothing else? Doubt it's possible, but might be fun to ask just for the heck of it to see what they say.

I just found my Pal on my next door neighbor's steps in an adjacent condo. She is often out of town. It was delivered about 4pm yesterday (according to the tracking number on the box) and has sat through a few nasty thunderstorms since then. The box was thoroughly saturated in water. Most of the components were wrapped in plastic bags but the power cord/adapter wasn't. I've taken it out of the box and am letting it dry out for a while before I try it. This is the lack of service I've come to expect from UPS. This box would have fit nicely behind the screen door and been slightly damp instead of soaked.

techno935 buy a DISH universal IR remote set address to number 1 and it will operate DTV pal and it can be programmed to operate TV also DISH IR Remotes on Ebay start at $3.50 -$4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)