RF 28 in the south Kansas City area

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Anybody else in the Kansas City area see activity on RF 28? Scans in with my HD Homerun but there's no channel data. I'm 40 miles south of downtown, so I'm guessing it's not KCJO from St. Joseph.

Untitled.png

Anybody else in the Kansas City area see activity on RF 28? Scans in with my HD Homerun but there's no channel data. I'm 40 miles south of downtown, so I'm guessing it's not KCJO from St. Joseph.

View attachment 162860
That might be a Tropo event coming in from who knows where. https://www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo.html

Choose your region in the upper left dropdown list. Times are in UTC, so you'll have to convert. Click in the middle of the page to skip through all the available time and day periods.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
More likely a station is playing around with setting up an new channel or experimenting with propagation on that channel. Tropo usually has programming since it is a real channel in use somewhere.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Tropo usually has programming since it is a real channel in use somewhere.
That's true IF he got a completely locked-in signal. Since he didn't, per his screenshot, Tropo is still the most likely issue. I get exactly what he was getting all the time during Tropo events. UNLESS the signal comes in hot enough, that it's over 50% and locked, you won't get programming or anything more.