KMBC-TV, Kansas City, MO, now carrying Charge on Ch. 9.4.

Route66Fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2019
Missouri
The channel lit up around 10:30AM CDT.

Attachments

• KMBC9.4CHARGE.png
    KMBC9.4CHARGE.png
    1,016.9 KB · Views: 147
It must be on the air because when I rescanned my Fire TV Recast, KMBC 9.4 comes up as a channel but displays "Video unavailable"!
FYI: IMO, Charge TV is not much different from ION Mystery channel on KMCI 38.3.
I'm thinking that they are having technical problems right now, possibly a malfunctioning encoder. My HDHomerun tuners pick it up, however I also see the "Video Unavailible" screen.

Attachments

• Untitled6.png
    Untitled6.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 86
It must be on the air because when I rescanned my Fire TV Recast, KMBC 9.4 comes up as a channel but displays "Video unavailable"!
FYI: IMO, Charge TV is not much different from ION Mystery channel on KMCI 38.3.
My understanding that the FCC is demanding that all stations that owns more that one station to be aired on the same number station.
By doing this they can and will be able to take all free stations on cable and satellite to be aired on free TV. If the FCC takes over the UHF audio/video band it could be used as for them. (Just a guess on that part). If not it will aloud more tv stations to pop up. Question is if all the stations to be added. Your going to have duplicate stations showing the same. There can't be that many new movies out there that can be made that fast. Case and point. I think it's a good idea to move all stations to the same number if they are owned by the same broadcast company.

That will definitely NOT work here. Our channel 11 (NBC) station already carries 6 stations (1080i and five 408 subchannels plus a 1080i 11.11 that is broadcast on another frequency), but they are also own the local FOX station which has five or 6 subchannels on 3 different RF frequencies and possibly several Spanish language stations at least one is a 720p broadcast. All those channels simply will not fit on one RF channel. We're looking at maybe 14 or 15 channels.

Several months ago, Charge TV was added (or supposed to have been) to KMBC 9.4. Is anyone able to view the channel. None of the TV's connected to the antenna scan in 9.4, but when I rescan my Fire TV Recast, it will scan in the channel but there is no live video?

Reactions: Route66Fan
Several months ago, Charge TV was added (or supposed to have been) to KMBC 9.4. Is anyone able to view the channel. None of the TV's connected to the antenna scan in 9.4, but when I rescan my Fire TV Recast, it will scan in the channel but there is no live video?
I'm still not able to get KMBC-TV, Ch. 9.4 either, however I can still see Ch. 9.4 listed on my HDHomerun tuners when I tune them to KMBC's digital TV signal. I am guessing that they are still having problems with the encoder.

I do remember their sister station, KCWE-TV, having similar problems when they added Twist to Ch. 29.3 last year. It took them several months to get that subchannel on the air.

I did email KMBC-TV several months about this problem, however, they haven't responded to my message.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 73