Ordered my new iPad Mini

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well unannounced the new iPad Minis with Retina display and A7 processor went on sale this morning.

I ordered myself a 32 GB model with Verizon service. :)

Can't wait to get it. It will replace my full size iPad 3.

This summer, I tried a mini with the regular screen.
Text was just too coarse for my taste.
The mini 2 is what they should have brought to market last year. :)
Personally I haven't found the small screen big enough to read this forum in portrait mode.
Let us know how yours works out. :up

I have used my sisters first gen Mini quite a bit as well as my own iPad 4. The only complaint I have about her Mini is the lack of Retina display. This is something you don't know you're missing until you get used to having an iPad that does have Retina. Thankfully this second gen Mini fixes this problem.

The other difference on the first gen Mini is that the internals were the same as the iPad 2 instead of the iPad 4. I didn't actually notice the speed difference on hers but it might become more noticeable with future iOS updates. This is fixed with the current Mini too. The 2nd gen Mini now has the same processor as the iPad Air.

I am happy with my iPad 4 but if I were buying a new iPad today I think I would choose the Mini over the Air. The Mini is noticeably lighter and that's great for reading in bed. The price difference with the same internals makes it an easy choice for me. It will probably be at least a couple more years before I upgrade from my iPad 4 though.

I was tossing up between this and the iPad air. The bump in specs from the iPad 3 and I have had me considering both. But as you know I have friends from Engadget and they were there at the event and played with both, and they said the Mini was the way to go as it has the same resolution at the Air but in a smaller size which in turn makes it appear the the resolution is much higher on the Mini then the same resolution looks on the air.

The performance boost from the iPad 3 will be very welcome too! :D

I have the previous model Mini and am very happy with it. Handy size for most things and the screen is fine imo.

I'm sure you'll love your new one with the Retina display.

I was tossing up between this and the iPad air. The bump in specs from the iPad 3 and I have had me considering both. But as you know I have friends from Engadget and they were there at the event and played with both, and they said the Mini was the way to go as it has the same resolution at the Air but in a smaller size which in turn makes it appear the the resolution is much higher on the Mini then the same resolution looks on the air.

The performance boost from the iPad 3 will be very welcome too! :D
I dunno... I can't remember the last time I thought to myself, "Man, I wish my iPad was faster!" What really is the benefit? Does stuff just load faster?

Here try this...

Find someone with an iPhone 3 or 4... play with it... now find someone with an iPhone 5S and you tell me the difference and which you would rather use...

Once you do that you will understand. :D

Scott's right

I use my phone as a poor mans web browser.
Just changed from an iPhone 4 to a 4S.
Same screen, same weight, same battery life.
But the 4S has a dual core processor over the 4.
Not twice as snappy, but noticeably faster.
Would never go back.
Dont even get me started on the 3G and 3GS! ;)
To say that they browse, is an insult to browsers everywhere.

According to MacRumors, the iPad Mini w/Retina Display is clocked slightly slower than the iPad Air (1.3 GHz vs. 1.4 GHz), probably to make the smaller battery in the Mini last the expected 10 hours.

I've thought about getting a new mini for my wife for Christmas this year. But for me, I'm planning to finally upgrade from my iPad 2 to the Air. I just don't think I would be happy with a smaller screen. My wife and I both have an iPhone 5 (which we're both happy with). And she currently uses it for hours at a time every night for web browsing, Facebook, Instagram, ect. So she would really like the bump up in screen size to the mini. But for me, although I use my phone quiet a bit during the work day. I spent my nights and weekends on the iPad. I mean it sits next to my recliner and has basically replaced my home computer. So I've really grown to enjoy the current size of the iPad.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I ordered 2 of them with LTE to take advantages of the T-mobile free 200mb per month. I actually have AT&T data share plan on my phones, so when the 200mb ran out, I could just turn on the WiFi hotspot. The mini size is great for ebook. My wife has a kindle, but she doesn't really want to carry 2 devices.

I was in our Apple store this evening and played around with the new iPads. The new iPad Mini with Retina is Very Nice… :) Even though I would probably buy the iPad Air, there is something about the Mini's size that seems just right for reading books.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts