Ordering HDDTV + 2PC?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cyberized

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 12, 2004
Beaverton, Oregon
I am presently with Comcast, but I stumbled over here and see that DTV has this NEW "service" called 2PC. I have a HTPC connected up to a 61" HDTV and a DTV CSR told me that I could connect in one of their DTV HD Receivers into my HTPC and Router etc......and watch everything straight thru their Receiver and my HTPC....this sounds GREAT to me. IS this TRUE?

Also - - - would the Installer be able to not only connect up to my HTPC but also get the 2PC end of it working too - while he/she was here?

TKS michael:confused:

It won't copy to your HTPC, it will stream over a LAN. It is a free software, no charge for the service. You still need Directv service and a HD-DVR.

The installers won't do networking or setup D2PC, it is a beta product and they offer no support for it at this time.

It requires a fairly high end computer and works pretty good.

You can read more here:
www.directv.com/directv2pc

Present setup-DTV HD DVR hardwired (ethernet) to my router for programing schedule and VOD.

1. Does this mean I can watch a DTV program on my desktop that is hardwired to my router?

2. Can I watch a DTV program on ANY computer in my home with my home WiFi network?

Present setup-DTV HD DVR hardwired (ethernet) to my router for programing schedule and VOD.

1. Does this mean I can watch a DTV program on my desktop that is hardwired to my router?

2. Can I watch a DTV program on ANY computer in my home with my home WiFi network?

Yes to both questions, although there may be WiFi issues, depending on the speed and reliability of the connections. You can only watch recorded programs, not live TV. As Jason stated, it takes a fairly high-end computer (just about any dual-core CPU should work). Low-end video cards can also be a problem.

You can only watch recorded programs, not live TV.

Well, if recorded video is all I can watch, for me that would be almost totally useless as I would rather see that on my big screen.

About the only use I would have for directv2video would be to watch a live sporting event such as a baseball game while I'm working on my computer.

Guess I'll pass on this feature for now.

You can start the recording on the HD DVR then go to the PC and start watching it almost immediately, it just can't do "live" tv. 30 seconds behind is ok.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)