Finally ordered 4K thru Directv

You can always suspend your service, I'm thinking people do that quite often to see if other services work for them...

Why suspend when he would probably get a better deal to come back ( if he wishes to ) after not having DirecTV for a few months.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I had 4k for a while but dropped it because my wife hated the visible wires on the wall mounted TV and my stupid builder only installed a wall mounted 120 volt receptacle and not a coax jack where the TV is mounted. There just wasn't that much worth watching in 4k a year ago. I watched some of the NBC Notre Dame football games and I can vouch that they were in true 4k as were some MLB and NBA games. I understand that the NFL games are upconverted 1080p broadcasts. I am not surprised AT&T would fake 4k like that. They are the same company trying to push 4G LTE-a cell service as "5Ge" for "5G evolution". It is complete and utter Bullsh!t.

I had 4k for a while but dropped it because my wife hated the visible wires on the wall mounted TV and my stupid builder only installed a wall mounted 120 volt receptacle and not a coax jack where the TV is mounted. There just wasn't that much worth watching in 4k a year ago. I watched some of the NBC Notre Dame football games and I can vouch that they were in true 4k as were some MLB and NBA games. I understand that the NFL games are upconverted 1080p broadcasts. I am not surprised AT&T would fake 4k like that. They are the same company trying to push 4G LTE-a cell service as "5Ge" for "5G evolution". It is complete and utter Bullsh!t.
I doubt that ATT has anything to do with that call.

And, if you pay attention, they never said it was 5g

Unfortunately the Notre Dame games on NBC are not true 4k. It is upscalled 1080p w/HDR.

Unfortunately the Notre Dame games on NBC are not true 4k. It is upscalled 1080p w/HDR.
I will take your word for it but I could even see detail in the grass on the field from the 50 yard line camera. It sure looked better than 1080P. How about the NBA and MLB games. Are they in true in 4K?

I doubt that ATT has anything to do with that call.

And, if you pay attention, they never said it was 5g
I know the commercials have weasel words like "the first step on the road to 5G". However, my damn phone says "5GE" not "LTE-A", which is what it really is. The entire campaign is nothing but deception on a grand scale.

I know the commercials have weasel words like "the first step on the road to 5G". However, my damn phone says "5GE" not "LTE-A", which is what it really is. The entire campaign is nothing but deception on a grand scale.
Thats right, your phone says 5GE, fortunately, your smart enough to know that ...

And yes, Most commercials have gobbily gook in thier commercials to confuse people.

Many don't even tell you what its for or who it is selling the stuff till the last second.

It is my understanding that those are true 4k HDR.

I don't think we can trust that anything is actually in 4K unless goaliebob99 confirms it, since Fox has apparently been content to let us all believe that the college football games they were showing were 4K when they aren't.

However, the fact that they were able to distribute upscaled 1080p as "4K" without anyone noticing shows how little the difference matters, especially if they use HDR which is IMHO a bigger improvement than the resolution anyway. If they start distributing at 120 fps that will be a further improvement that will matter more than improved resolution.

For years people have been asking "why isn't anyone broadcasting in 1080p", well now they finally are but people aren't happy about it :)

I just talked to the loyalty department and upgraded to 4k. She said the HR54 is available, and I got $60/month off for two years. I'm staying!

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Are they supposed to use Reverse Band LNBs for the 4K installs? I just saw an install and the LNB was just the regular SL3, but it still gets the 104/105/106 channels. I hadn't heard, but maybe they decided against using RB for 4K, or is it more a future-proof thing. I suppose the foreign language channels could be send to the reverse band satellite to reduce the need for those LNBs.

Are they supposed to use Reverse Band LNBs for the 4K installs? I just saw an install and the LNB was just the regular SL3, but it still gets the 104/105/106 channels. I hadn't heard, but maybe they decided against using RB for 4K, or is it more a future-proof thing. I suppose the foreign language channels could be send to the reverse band satellite to reduce the need for those LNBs.
ALL subs get the RB LNB on install down here ... been that way for quite a long time now.

Unless they run out I suppose.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
All 4k installs get the rb lnb. I think the reverse band will be used later for 4k.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts