Finally ordered 4K thru Directv

I just called to get 4K as I just purchased a 4K tv. I have a HR 44 and wanted a HR 54. The agent on the phone said it would cost $399. I told her no. She said the reason for the cost was I received an upgrade recently, but I've had the same setup for many years. I wanted the HR 54 to be able to add an LCC as there is an dispute still going on for one of my local channels. She stated Directv no longer sends out an LCC. Needless to say I was extremely unhappy.

You can use the LCC on an HR44.

Not sure what is going on with the LCC, they were handing them out to everyone a few months ago now it is hard to get them. They are either running short, or the problems that some have experienced with them made them decide to find another supplier. You can probably find one on eBay, or an AM21 would also work on your HR44.

Reactions: dhpeeple1
You can use the LCC on an HR44.

Not sure what is going on with the LCC, they were handing them out to everyone a few months ago now it is hard to get them. They are either running short, or the problems that some have experienced with them made them decide to find another supplier. You can probably find one on eBay, or an AM21 would also work on your HR44.
I thought the LCC's worked with the HR44 and 54 ... ?

I just called to get 4K as I just purchased a 4K tv. I have a HR 44 and wanted a HR 54. The agent on the phone said it would cost $399. I told her no. She said the reason for the cost was I received an upgrade recently, but I've had the same setup for many years. I wanted the HR 54 to be able to add an LCC as there is an dispute still going on for one of my local channels. She stated Directv no longer sends out an LCC. Needless to say I was extremely unhappy.
Personally, I would call again ...

See if you can get to the Retention/Loyalty dept.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)