Original Hopper and Carbon UI

That's great news
Performance-wise, you might not say that after it gets updated on your original Hopper. We'll see.... Hopefully Dish is spending a lot of time optimizing it. On the Hopper w/Sling (or Hopper 2 vs your Hopper 1), it definitely was slower. Not annoying slow, but definitely noticeably slower. The Joey 1 (which you likely have, presuming you have a Joey at all) was real bad with the new interface.

At one point, Dish announced that the software was not coming to the original Hopper because of performance issues.

Reactions: navychop
Personally, I find that it *looks* lighter, if that makes sense. It loses all of the gradient color schemes. To some, that translates into "faster". From day 1, I never felt it was faster. Maybe the same, but more likely just a bit slower. To be clear, it's not unbearably slow by any means nor did I ever wish I could revert back.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: JSheridan
I haven't noticed any major performance issues with carbon on my hopper w/ sling (h2) and imo my joeys run smoother with carbon

How long have the 2nd Gen joeys been out? I've had my hws and joeys for about a year and a half

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Go to your Joey location. Now, press Menu twice and you will be a the Diagnostics screen. The very top of that screen will tell you which model Joey you have.

Go to your Joey location. Now, press Menu twice and you will be a the Diagnostics screen. The very top of that screen will tell you which model Joey you have.
Joey 1.0 and the other is a super joey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

How long have the 2nd Gen joeys been out? I've had my hws and joeys for about a year and a half

It's somewhat of a mystery, it seems. Externally, there is NO indication of what model they are. Even today I believe that's the case although the box they come in does say "Joey 2". Until the new interface software, the only way to know was based on the s/w version. The 1 and 2 had different versions. Now the interface (as Bobby described) tells you.

It's somewhat of a mystery, it seems. Externally, there is NO indication of what model they are. Even today I believe that's the case although the box they come in does say "Joey 2". Until the new interface software, the only way to know was based on the s/w version. The 1 and 2 had different versions. Now the interface (as Bobby described) tells you.
Log into your Dish account Under My equipment. It now states the model Joeys you have.

Nope. In the past, you could make up a problem with the receiver and get a replacement sent from Dish but from the sounds of it, all new activated receivers download the new UI from the start.

Sad but true.

And I wouldn't count on Dish's listing of what equipment you have as being accurate.

The performance of Carbon on my original Hopper is horrendously slow. So much so that I am thinking seriously of dumping Dish if they don't upgrade my Hopper to one that can handle the new UI. Not only did I find it extremely slow, I also find many operations that required one or two button presses now require many more and because the interface is so slow I keep overshooting the tab or the box or whatever they call it and selecting the wrong item. On the Super Joey on the other hand the performance is fine although the clunky interface is still an issue. Who knows why Dish decided to force this down our throats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts