Original Hopper Conflict With Hopper 3 ?

Did you go through the procedure to pair the old remote to the H3?.
No, The only procedure to pair it with the H3 that I can find requires me to press "System Info" button. Unfortunately I have no access to that receiver in the landlords part of the home.

Your H3 device is a Joey which should be located in your space, you don't need to access the H3 itself. To pair the H1 remote to your new Joey, after you turn on both the TV and Joey with whatever remote you are : Press Menu Twice. This will bring you to the Diagnostic screen. Next Press Sat on the H1 remote. You should hear a couple of beeps and then you will see the H1 remote pair on the right side of the screen.

Your H3 device is a Joey which should be located in your space, you don't need to access the H3 itself. To pair the H1 remote to your new Joey, after you turn on both the TV and Joey with whatever remote you are : Press Menu Twice. This will bring you to the Diagnostic screen. Next Press Sat on the H1 remote. You should hear a couple of beeps and then you will see the H1 remote pair on the right side of the screen.
OMG, I'm so HAPPY. I can now use my H1 40.0 remote on my H3 Joey. I simply despise the new H3 52.0 remote. Since I was not home when the system was installed earlier this week, I did not even see the Joey until just now as it was hidden behind my stereo stand. As it turns out I pressed the System Info button on the Joey and pressed the Sat button as you mentioned which prompted two beeps and my old remote was working. Thanks so much Bobby, Hall and DWS44.
Dave

More than (1) H3 receiver installs went on for much longer than "several weeks". We just got a Hopper 3 a few months ago and my installer came from a job he started the day before that he wasn't able to finish - it was for (2) Hopper 3s.

Each H3 on a seperate account. The only way any recent (like for a year) posters on this site have been able to get a TWO H3 installs. Sorry you didn't read those threads, but do a search, if you like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)