Orioles Games on MASN

jerseyfla

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2006
Georgia
Last night, I subscribed to the Multi Sport Package and I noticed that MASN simulcasted the Orioles-D-Backs game on both MASN and MASN2. MASN2 was blacked out because the game was scheduled to be shown there but instead of showing ESPNNEWS on MASN they showed "Bonus Coverage" of the O's game. I was in heaven, but does anyone know if MASN does this often?

Last night, I subscribed to the Multi Sport Package and I noticed that MASN simulcasted the Orioles-D-Backs game on both MASN and MASN2. MASN2 was blacked out because the game was scheduled to be shown there but instead of showing ESPNNEWS on MASN they showed "Bonus Coverage" of the O's game. I was in heaven, but does anyone know if MASN does this often?

They did this throughout the Orioles' road trip. I'm guessing that if they continue the practice when either club is on the West Coast that the blackout gods will get wise to the practice.

FYI...MASN is owned by both Major League teams and MASN 2 is only used if there is a need to show a game on it cause the main channel has a game at the same time or they do the bonus coverage thing, which they have several times now. Example Os on MASN and NATS on MASN2. It was cool during the Os/Nat series to bring up picture in picture on my dual tuner and see both channels, one showing the Os and other Nats. The two feeds had identical camera angles respectively but they did the team and logo cut ins. I haven't seen any black outs yet but I live in the Mid Atlantic area. It's been awesome since Dish added it to the lineup! BTW Go NATS :)

FYI...MASN is owned by both Major League teams and MASN 2 is only used if there is a need to show a game on it cause the main channel has a game at the same time or they do the bonus coverage thing, which they have several times now. Example Os on MASN and NATS on MASN2. It was cool during the Os/Nat series to bring up picture in picture on my dual tuner and see both channels, one showing the Os and other Nats. The two feeds had identical camera angles respectively but they did the team and logo cut ins. I haven't seen any black outs yet but I live in the Mid Atlantic area. It's been awesome since Dish added it to the lineup! BTW Go NATS :)

Yeah, I live in the area, too, so I wouldn't actually know about blackouts (except for the mistaken ones some people went through when MASN first went up on DISH). For someone out-of-market though, they are supposed to be blacked out for O's and Nats. If MASN grants "bonus coverage" on MASN for a game that's already being played on MASN2, I guess it's hard to impose the blackout since the guide for MASN's main channel shows "ESPN NEWS".

I sometimes like to take the "MASN on 13" or "MASN on 20" games and PiP them to see how much delayed the DISH signal is (I must have too much time on my hands). The picture quality is also a lot better on 13 and 20 OTA than on DISH.

Actually I believe that Angelos and the Os own MASN outright. I will check into it.

CORRECTION: The orioles own 90%. the remaining 10% was originally owned by MLB but that stake transferred to the new owners.

News to me..I get all the Nats and O's games on MASN/MASN2..I live in Central NC..Go figure..

MLB Blackouts are just nuts...I live in Lafayette Indiana (47909) and I get Fox Sports Midwest AND Comcast Sports Chicago on Dish... FSN MW mainly airs Cardinals games for me, which are always blacked out...however, a Reds game is always available in one of the "Alt" channels...plus I get all the white sox and cubs games i could ever want. Go figure.

Actually I believe that Angelos and the Os own MASN outright. I will check into it.

CORRECTION: The orioles own 90%. the remaining 10% was originally owned by MLB but that stake transferred to the new owners.

Also, the Nats stake slowly rises until eventually it's a 2/3 to 1/3 split.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts