Orion Cooker

How do you guys clean this thing? I have all kinds of streaks and marks around the outside of this thing, and some stuff on the inside that I just couldn't get out. The last cook I had had a bit of a funky taste. I thought about taking it to the carwash and not using soap?

Any thoughts?

How do you guys clean this thing? I have all kinds of streaks and marks around the outside of this thing, and some stuff on the inside that I just couldn't get out. The last cook I had had a bit of a funky taste. I thought about taking it to the carwash and not using soap?

Any thoughts?

Have you tried EZ-OFF Oven Cleaner?

Got some super duty grill cleaner this weekend and while it was above 20 degrees, got the outside cleaned very well. Got the inside cleaned, but should have read much better because you are supposed to heat to 400 to burn the stuff off. I lit the charcoal chimney and burned it inside for a bit until it went out.

Little worried about the fumes and stuff now. Any suggestions on getting that out???

Cook Started at 3:50 pm
Pork Roast and Chicken
Rub:
paprika
parsley
onion powder
garlic powder
brown sugar
salt
black pepper
red pepper
seasoning salt
brown gravy mix
hint of lemon pepper

1 -- 12oz homebrew in drip pan
1 -- 16 oz Bud in bottle for cook ;)
Hickory chips in cooker...

Howdy!

I found you because I was looking for sites relating to the Orion Cooker.....boy, those bbq/smoker people are a bit snobby!!!! You all seem much more user friendly.

We just bought our orion last night (found it while looking for something else at Home Depot). After working this morning will stop by the local grocery store and find some good meat!!!

I have already printed out some of your rub recipes and marinades.

I will talk with you later after cooking up a batch of ribs.

Later,

Lyla

Hi Lyla,
You will love your Orion. The ease of use is great. I had the best chicken I have even had (except for my great-grandmothers and wife's fried chicken) and you will not be disappointed. Pork shoulder is great also. Get the right rib rub and you will love those also.

Good luck and let us know how you like it!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)