Orlando, FL - D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bases1616

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 21, 2006
Orlando, FL
I have tried everything and I am convinced it is a D* broadcasting problem. Everytime I have watched college basketball this year on CBS in HD I get serious macroblocking on and off while the action is going up and down the court. I have had my dish replaced with the Slimline from the LNB-5, my H20 receiver replaced, and I just got a new HR20. Both the H20 and HR20 are having the same problems only on this channel during the basketball games. Is anyone else in Orlando experiencing this problem? I have not seen any threads at all with Orlando customers complaining of this issue. The optional OTA I have works just great with CBS HD.

I had the same problem, but up in the Cleveland area. D* sent out a senior tech and he replaced my b-band converter and re"peaked" my dish and I haven't had a problem with CBS-HD in about 4 months (even in the bad weather) The tech said that the dish was pointed correctly but it was not "peaked". He used a meter with his own RG6 running to my IRD to "peak" the dish. I don't know if this is standard procedure or not, but it sure did the trick. Good luck!

While I have not needed the re-peaking mentioned above my CBS has been flawless, it is likely my most watched network as well.

bases, i'm geographically close to you (daytona) but i can't say i've noticed serious issues. every now and then for a nano second. but nothing really upsetting.

I live in Maitland and have not had any problems either. Picture via the MPEG4 local HD has been great, as good as WKMG's OTA broadcast. Maybe there is a problem with the Slimline?

BTW, is the Slimline much smaller then the regular 5 LNB dish?

gator, i think it depends on your definition of much smaller. its smaller but the shape is different too!

The surface reflector is nearly the same; but like Ice said it is a different shape - wider but not as tall as the original 5 LNB model. Hopefully to create an area that is less of a "sail", yet with the same gain value.

No problems with macroblocking here, in the Melbourne area. All my regular network program is working fine, via my satellite HD and my HDs via OTA. Can't say for sure about during the college basketball games, because I would rather watch paint dry, than watch college basketball.

The only times I have seen it, is a quick flicker, but nothing constant,
Occasionally
during Panther hockey games. It maybe would happen for a second or two during a game.

My OTA works great with CBS HD. I am watching college basketball right now and no problems. A different story with my local HD CBS. Now on the local CBS HD and I noticed now on TNT-HD as well a macroblocking issue on and off. More frequently during the action on the college basketball game. I think I am going to try what Ace68 did and see if that fixes the problem.

Well guys the senior tech came out and I still have the same problem toinight. It is actually even worse. My OTA is working great, but it is just that local CBS HD. I don't know what else to try. I have already switched out the dish, receiver, and supposely had the dish peaked, but still no luck.

bases, i'm hardly an expert, but it sounds like the cable wasn't changed? could it be a bad cable connector? although, i don't think that would explain why one channel looks like crap.

marquitos, welcome to satelliteguys and enjoy your stay!!!!

Cables were tested and they are good. It is mostly only on CBS HD and during the college basketball games. Looks like I am not the only one with the problem. The OTA is great so it also comes down to D* as well.

http://www.tvpredictions.com/hdblumystery040207.htm

Well I have had ZERO issues when I watched, and it should be noted that in the comparisons of the OTA and cable delivered methods vs DBS, that the signals do not get to the end user in the same way as DBS.... and I am talking even before the DBS signal is even beamed to the customer. Not all LiL are received and retransmitted at the same uplink locations either. There are numerous variables.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)