orthomode feedhorns

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tanka

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Toronto Canada
Now I have chaparral corotor // plus and I like to move to chaparrall orthomode blullseye or bullseye 2 did you no the diferense from the two the setup for ku+c. I see the diferense are one have two c+ku lnbs and the blullseye have only two lnbs for cband and only one lnb for ku butt only one lnb for ku I like to no if the diferense are only the one I said.Thank you.

Last edited:
I am not quite sure right now , but I think the bullseye has 2 C band and 2 Ku band LNB , it is a dual band orthomode feed and i think the bullseye 2 is just an upgrade in the design but the same principle as the bullseye if it still exists..... I just checked chaparral website and they have the bullseye II but there is no bullseye only onymore if it ever existed (i guess II means a second design). They also have the dual feed which is C band only both polarities (orthomode). the super feed is c band, only 1 polarity.

Now the Corotor II plus, is a servo based solution that rotates the antena probes therefore it will give you only 1 polarity at a time (but it can be rotated 90 degrees to get the other polarity). It is linear C and Ku capable , in the american standard frecuencies. The wideband version allows also circular C band recepcion and linear only on Ku but it is a universal ku feedhorn from 10.7 to 12.7 Ghz.

thank you I only see the bullseye at one place the most places only have bullseye2 and I find one for $325 not to bed the are expensive

Chaparral has a C-band only, http://www.chaparral.net/products/feedhorns/bullseye.htmlwhich uses two C-band LNBs.
It sells new between $60 to 150 dollars.

The Bullseye II is their two-band model.
It receives both C-band (with two LNBs) and Ku (with two more LNBs)
It sells new for maybe $300 to 450 dollars, as I recall.

Other companies sell ortho mode feedhorns.
I have an ADL dual-band unit. They probably have C-band only, as well.
Impakt Products sells a decent imported C-band ortho feed, quite inexpensively.

All prices are estimates. I see some have come down since I previously checked.

I recently assembled a Chaparral C-band ortho feed with two Norsat 8515 lnb's and the cost was just under $200, including shipping, for a point of reference. :)
Chaparral has a C-band only, http://www.chaparral.net/products/feedhorns/bullseye.htmlwhich uses two C-band LNBs.
It sells new between $60 to 150 dollars.

The Bullseye II is their two-band model.
It receives both C-band (with two LNBs) and Ku (with two more LNBs)
It sells new for maybe $300 to 450 dollars, as I recall.

Other companies sell ortho mode feedhorns.
I have an ADL dual-band unit. They probably have C-band only, as well.
Impakt Products sells a decent imported C-band ortho feed, quite inexpensively.

All prices are estimates. I see some have come down since I previously checked.

I recently assembled a Chaparral C-band ortho feed with two Norsat 8515 lnb's and the cost was just under $200, including shipping, for a point of reference. :)

are those norsats the ones on ebay ? cuz normally they are 100+ dollars a piece and one ebay they used to be 50. its ware i got my 4 8515's.

crackt out,.

thank you to all for now dont do the move the 4dtv are ok for now then yes .I did extimate i need two lnbs feedhorn and smething for voltage shipping to canada all around $500 and the dish are 8ft Sami focus around 38 to 39.All working very good so for now I dont do .Thank you againe.

Friend of mine got the Impakt ortho (above, $50) and their $13 LNBs.
Worked great.

I think WSI/Galaxy has a similar LNB for about that price.
One of their dealers sells 'em for $12 shipped.
Either way, that would make roughly a $75 ortho solution for C-band only.

I haven't seen a comparison between the Norsat 8515's and the cheap ones.
One would assume the $50 (plus shipping) Norsats would perform better, but that's just relying on reputation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.