OTA adapter for 211z receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chum1976

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
pa
Does dish still have these? All I can find is the adapter for the wally/hopper series. I would like to get MeTV for my dad's receiver.

Thanks!

The 211z does use the same USB OTA Adapter that a Hopper/Wally would use. We, directly, are out of stock of these though. 3rd parties may have them

Has there been an update for the VIP211Z? I tried the Dish Dual OTA Adapter, p/n 212553, UPC 753960015194, and it didn't work with my 211Z. I know the old, out-of-production, single-tuner OTA adapter works with the 211z, but the newer dual-tuner didn't work when I tried it a couple months ago.

Tried it again, just now and it still didn't work with the 211z.

Last edited:
Reactions: pattykay
Has there been an update for the VIP211Z? I tried the Dish Dual OTA Adapter, p/n 212553, UPC 753960015194, and it didn't work with my 211Z. I know the old, out-of-production, single-tuner OTA adapter works with the 211z, but the newer dual-tuner didn't work when I tried it a couple months ago.

Tried it again, just now and it still didn't work with the 211z.
I still have the old single-tuner OTA adapter left over from when I had a Hopper, if you want to trade. :)

Reactions: donebu
I still have the old single-tuner OTA adapter left over from when I had a Hopper, if you want to trade. :)

Thanks, but I'm considering switching to the Wally. Keeping my fingers crossed that this "Wally Testers Wanted" is a trial of the rumored enabling of two satellite tuners in the Wally. Of course with Dish, there's no telling if it ever is enabled.

Just read the advertisement for the DISH Wally and see under Coming Soon section the following:

*Video on Demand
*Watch 1 dvr recording and record up to 3 programs ( 2 sat & 1 ota ) * if you add an external hard drive and pay the one time $40.00 fee to DISH.
*Targeted advertising Via INVIDI.
*Event logos via internet without need for an EHD.

Being able to do 2 sat and 1 ota is a cool thing and with no monthly dvr fee at all -after the one time $40.00 fee, makes this a cool feature. Add another Wally for only $7.00 and you could record 4 sat and 2 ota at a time. IF this actually is brought to the market via software update , this will be an economical receiver for those who want to have the latest hopper like interface with menus logos etc without the $15.00 a month fee. Of course it is a feature that is coming soooon, so we have no idea if DISH will actually come through with it. After the sling catcher for the 922 fell through , I don't count my chickens till they hatch now,but if it does I can see my parents wanting to switch from the 722k to maybe two Wallys and then they could have two hd receivers in their house on both bedroom and living room tvs. Right now they use the 722k and a audio/video sender /receiver to watch in Sd on the bedroom tv. Their monthly fee would stay the same as now $7.00 and they would gain a second hd receiver and add two sat tuners to their mix.:bigok

Reactions: pattykay
Thanks, but I'm considering switching to the Wally.
Me too, for the same reason:
Keeping my fingers crossed that this "Wally Testers Wanted" is a trial of the rumored enabling of two satellite tuners in the Wally.
Yeah, I started that rumor in the "Wally Testers Wanted" thread. Of course, the "3 programs (2 sat & 1 ota)" in the original thread about this feature could have been a typo on Dish's part, and they actually meant "1 sat & 2 ota" which we know should be coming soon. I am still hopeful that the Wally can do both, though. (2 sat & 2 ota) :)

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts