OTA adapter shows limited guide information

John SR

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2023
Colorado
Just upgraded to Hopper 3 and added OTA adapter. OTA guide only shows information on current program and next hour. My smart Samsung TV shows full information on each station (on the air, not via the OTA adapter). I did notice that a non-smart older TV only shows current program and next hour (again on the air, not via the OTA adapter). I might conclude that the Dish OTA adapter is not "smart"? Any way to full OTA guides via the adapter?

Don't stress! The 9-day guide should fill in after the passage of a few hours. (No, I don't know how many.) I get over 70 OTA channels and, except for some missing data on some subchannels, I get all 9 days. You may be able to trigger a guide update in tools. <-- vague memory; sorry.

Last edited:
Don't stress! The 9-day guide should fill in after the passage of a few hours. (No, I don't know how many.) I get over 70 OTA channels and, except for some missing data on some subchannels, I get all 9 days. You may be able to trigger a guide update in tools. <-- vague memory; sorry.
Thanks for your info. Was about to give up after about 12 hours still not updated. Now knowing guide was possible I forced the update. Pressed Home 3x, Tools, Guide Update. Took about 15 minutes.