OTA Adapter

Adjust how? I had it mounted and was turning the pole that the antenna was attached to in the direction that tvfool said the stations were located. I did use a compass.

I'm not sure if it was the antenna or not, RCA ANT751E. Not sure if another brand would give better results or not.

I did do a few scans. I was trying to get all the Local Networks,but only got one and the others were local TV stations that I have no interest in.
Most of the Stations are around 30-35 miles away,with one 48 miles. I had the antenna up at 30ft and still didn't get the ones I wanted. Not sure if amplification would have worked or not.

Depending on the length of your cable run, a pre amp at the antenna and a distribution amp will definitely work

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Does anyone know which shipping carrier the AirTV site uses? I'm looking to pick up one of the OTA adapters, and there's no mention other than Ground Shipping and no PO Boxes.

Does anyone know which shipping carrier the AirTV site uses? I'm looking to pick up one of the OTA adapters, and there's no mention other than Ground Shipping and no PO Boxes.
They shipped UPS when I ordered.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

IIRC they use FedEx; I had to have it shipped to my office. They ship out of a Dish Network warehouse in Englewood, CO (Denver metro).

Does anyone have the overheating issues with the AirTV adapter like I've read happening with the DIsh branded ones? I haven't plugged mine in yet, still waiting on additional parts needed. I was reading elsewhere some of the issues was called by having a signal booster installed which is what I'll be doing.

I have an antenna preamp and both the new Dish dual OTA tuner and the dual Air TV OTA tuner do not have any heat problems. In fact both tuners have the same internals. Only the case is different.

The old Dish dual tuner made by Hauppauge had a heat problem. It also had problems with pixelation on the Joey units.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

For the people who bought an AirTV Tuner, did it come inside a plastic bag or any packaging? I bought one and it was just inside a bubble mailer. I'm wondering if it's used and resold. I'm getting at least 2 loss of signal messages per 30 minutes or occasionally while changing channels. It's not the signal...it shows 100% strength on most channels on the Hopper menu and on all of the TV's directly connected in the house.

It's not hot. It's elevated and the temp is between 80-90 at various points using an infrared thermometer.

For the people who bought an AirTV Tuner, did it come inside a plastic bag or any packaging? I bought one and it was just inside a bubble mailer. I'm wondering if it's used and resold. I'm getting at least 2 loss of signal messages per 30 minutes or occasionally while changing channels. It's not the signal...it shows 100% strength on most channels on the Hopper menu and on all of the TV's directly connected in the house.

It's not hot. It's elevated and the temp is between 80-90 at various points using an infrared thermometer.
Mine came in a box with a little instruction fold sheet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts