OTA Adapter (3 Viewers)

ttomni6

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 14, 2011
Maui
As Scott says, "Yes". It will be integrated. Hopefully you're in a market where the guide is fully populated with programming information.

Here on Maui, we get OTA signals from the repeaters of the Honolulu stations. Our guide does not have programming info. It is simply broken down into 1 hour blocks with each block labelled the name of the station ie. KAII-H HD

Reactions: KaptainRandom

Dugger

Jun 10, 2014
thanks all. appreciate it. And yes, our guide is fully populated, thank goodness. Im sure its frustrating not having it. Thats one of the reasons I left my internet providers cable tv option. I was paying about as much as DISH monthly, but no guide and no DVR (I would have had to pay even more)

AirGap a Pretty good deal for $30.

The last part is to figure out what antenna I need to hook to it. I'm about 35 miles south of the broadcasting antennas. It sucks that ABC has been removed from DISH.

Ray_Clum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 10, 2005
Indianapolis, IN
thanks all. appreciate it. And yes, our guide is fully populated, thank goodness. Im sure its frustrating not having it. Thats one of the reasons I left my internet providers cable tv option. I was paying about as much as DISH monthly, but no guide and no DVR (I would have had to pay even more)

AirGap a Pretty good deal for $30.

The last part is to figure out what antenna I need to hook to it. I'm about 35 miles south of the broadcasting antennas. It sucks that ABC has been removed from DISH.
I bought the antenna linked below. I installed it indoors, just sitting on top of my armoire. Works great. Picks up channels 36miles from my house.

1byone Outdoor Antenna

I’ll warn you that the Hopper’s OTA tuner isn’t as good as my TV’s tuner.

In Indianapolis, here’s what I get:
Hopper - 4, 6, 8, 13, 20, 23, 29, 40, 46, 47, 59, 69
TV tuner - 4, 6, 8, 13, 20, 23, 26, 29, 30, 33, 40, 42, 46, 47, 59, 63, 69

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts