OTA and Dish TV2 on one cable?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Today my OTA channels are coming through TV2. This never happened before as the Menu 6-9 option was always grayed out on tv2 before.
This is from my vip722 with RG6 running from tv2 out, with L724 software.
Before, the ota channels were just on tv1--the main tv.
This must be something that just happened, and I like the fact I can see the ota locals on my small tv in the kitchen on my other tv, even though I have locals through Dish.
Hopefully everyone will get this feature and this is not a fluke.

Last edited:
I have a 722 on L724 and my Menu-6-9 is still grayed out and my locals are still not in the guide on TV2. Are you sure you weren't watching the TV1 modulated output at your TV2 location? Mine is set for channel 60 for TV2 and channel 69 for TV1.

Don't be fooled into thinking that Hopper OTA support is necessarily due "soon". If you need OTA recording, don't get a Hopper until such time as it is a working feature.

DIRECTV's HR20 shipped with OTA tuners but the feature wasn't turned on for nearly four months. The Hopper doesn't even come with an OTA tuner.

DIRECTV's USB connected OTA tuner module didn't arrive until ten months after the introduction of the first receivers that might need it.

Such is not so say that DISH isn't closer to delivering the OTA experience, but it surely isn't wise to blindly assume it so.

Unless it says it is not covered in the Service Plan,it should be.