OTA and Hopper

I might switch just to take advantage of new customer pricing if this module is guaranteed to come out this year. The Hopper interests me since I played with one while visiting relatives. My HR20 and HR21 are just not fast at all. I wouldn't want to give up the OTA of the HR20 though.
Guaranteed? No. But that's where to place your nickle bet.

Don't know when it's coming but here is the user guide as posted on 10/1, if you haven't seen it already....

mydish.com/support/FileStream.ashx?ID=2731

Ok, I am trusting you plus having a User guide online right now seems to me Dish's way of saying "really soon" as in a Month or so, not just the typical "soon" as in the next year in Dish speak.
I just ordered Dish. If I get it by the end of November I will be happy.
Thank you other Scott for checking into the OTA tuner for us.

Yes before it was a Summer month that started with a J... but then something happened and it got delayed.

I can't go into details now.

But trust me it IS coming out.

Went backwards from a Hopper to a 922 just to get OTA and I thought I was the die hard OTA guy around here waiting since April but getting installed Saturday :)

Last edited:
I am very reluctant to pull the trigger and upgrade until it's actually been released. I'm out of contract and very much rely on OTA. I could do without OTA for a few weeks but I really don't feel like it would go well if that wait was several months. Why won't Dish tell us the reason for the current delay?

I am very reluctant to pull the trigger and upgrade until it's actually been released. I'm out of contract and very much rely on OTA. I could do without OTA for a few weeks but I really don't feel like it would go well if that wait was several months. Why won't Dish tell us the reason for the current delay?

Because if Dish gave you reason they would then have to give you a sell date. They don't like to do that because if and when they miss that date everyone gets very upset....

As I said before, when it's released you will find out here first. ;)

And to answer another question I have been seeing elsewhere YES MANUAL TIMERS ARE COMING TO THE HOPPER AS WELL.

Follow up to that getting ready for when it does come out, I am sure others will ask this also then. . . .

how do you get listings (guidedata) added for OTA channels that is missing? With DirecTV you used to post in a thread and they would add it a month later, but then they stopped adding all new ones.

Is there someone we can email at dish. Looking at the uplink charts my DMA is missing some guide data also.

I agree 100% and with an OTA Tuner it really is needed as DISH does not have listings for all the OTA channels I receive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts