OTA and upgrade question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Agility1

Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
This is a very helpful forum for someone who has very little tech knowledge....Thanks for sharing! I have an upgrade scheduled for Friday to an HD DVR. I can't get the Direct CSR to tell me which HD DVR I am getting and they are being less than direct (Sorry, I couldn't help it) about the OTA issue. From the discussions I think that should be able to be done. I already have the antenna from the VOOM days. If you have advice please let me know. They are also vague about who is doing the install. I really, really wish I could use the local guy who has been fabulous in the past. Thanks for any help or ideas.

does your tv have a tuner built in? if so use that for ota in case u get an hr21

Which will work great except that you won't have the channels in the guide and you won't be able to record them.

jdspencer is right - I would call back, make them note the order that you want an HR-20, and don't let them install anything else.

If worse comes to worst, you can always cancel the order, go to Best Buy, Costco or Circuit City and find a -20 laying on the shelf, then call up and order new service to go with that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts