OTA antenna choices for my boat

KCtundra

Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Hi, I'm new here, I have some questions that I hope someone has some experience with. I have a boat at Lake Perry, KS. It's zip is 66073. It's 40+ miles to KC, it's 20+ miles to Topeka. I've been researching OTA antennas, and the two candidates that seem to be the best, for my application, are the Channel Master CM3000A, and a Windgard MS2000 Metrostar. I would be mounting this on the top of the radar arch of a Sea Ray 290 Cruiser. These two seem to be nearly identical, but I wish I had more feedback from people who have experience with these. This probably doesn't matter, but I will be hooking this up to a Vizio 22" LCD. Thanks for any help, I appreciate it.

With any omnidirectional antenna reflected signals are going to be your problem. Your second problem is going to be the fact a boat is mobile so you need reception from changing directions that pretty much says "omnidirectional" antenna. Both CM and Winegard are old reliable manufacturers of antennas. From personal experience I prefer Winegard over Channel Master but both are good companies. Topeka is going to be your main channels because they are closer and will have the stronger signals.