OTA antenna help

VAdanno

Original poster
Sep 27, 2008
I've just rented a house in 92887, and need some help with an antenna. The former tenant left two Dish network antenna's on the roof, but I'm too cheap (and don't watch TV that much) to pay the monthly fee for cable or satellite. What are my OTA options?

Thanks.

Danno

I see VHS channels 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, and 24. I'm wondering about hardware. 24 (PBS) is 64 degrees, the others are at 314 degrees. Do I need a amplifier to get all the stations when aimed at 314 degrees? What are some good antenna choices (which models)? What about the digital hardware when the stations change over...AntennaWeb does not show the stations are on digital now, though that surprises me. LA stations not digital?

I don't see any UHF channels listed on AntWeb for my address. I also tried using the Zip code level and dragged the star to my house location. Still couldn't find any more stations. I am halfway down the hill, so I am shadowed somewhat for 314. 24 is on the other side of the mountains, so I'm in trouble there, unless there's a transmitter on the ridge.

Thanks for the help. I only want to buy an antenna one time!

Go to antenna web
input your zip code that is all I have from your information click submit
Scroll below map select "continue"
Right below "view st. level map" select 2nd box "show digital stations" it will then list 6 digital broadcasts. 4th and 6th down are the same 24.1 4th is after 2/17/09.

At top of page select "antenna info" at top of page for a description of antenna colors.
To select the best antenna for your locality shop the stores in that area for the brands and models that are sold there. For an educated guess I would suggest a Winegard HD7084P CH2-69 o-60 miles Zone4 blue/violet suggested retail $150

Go to TV Fool - Home it is another site for finding antennas a little harder to interpret but more informative. You have plenty of digital broadcasters all from about the same direction and 30-60 miles from you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts