OTA Antenna on Satellite Hardware

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Nitin Ahuja

Original poster
Mar 22, 2018
My home has the following set up: Directv 3 LNB dish plus Directv international dish.I do not need them anymore.How do I use the existing hardware from these dishes to install an Outdoor antenna to get OTA signal into multiple rooms of the house just like the satellite signal was.From dish the cable goes into swm and then into a spliter.Photos attached.

Attachments

• 20180322_194025.jpg
    20180322_194025.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 208
  • 20180322_194049.jpg
    20180322_194049.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 203
No need to make a new thread less than an hour since you posted the first. ;)
There are a plethora of people here that are very knowledgeable. Give someone time to stop by. :)

Quite busy right now myself, but your best bet is to remove the dishes and use the mount for the dish to mount a proper OTA antenna.
To also get better help please go to tvfool and post your report.

Sorry about the confusion.I was told to move my thread to OTA.I created a new one since I didn't know how to move it. There is no hurry.I am looking to buy a tv also.waiting for Philips to release theirs and Vizio p models for 2018.

No worries. :)

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!

My home has the following set up: Directv 3 LNB dish plus Directv international dish.I do not need them anymore.How do I use the existing hardware from these dishes to install an Outdoor antenna to get OTA signal into multiple rooms of the house just like the satellite signal was.From dish the cable goes into swm and then into a spliter.Photos attached.
Are you sure you want Over The Air instead of satellite reception? If 41183 is your zip code tv fool shows you have almost nothing to watch. At 20ft. above ground level your best reception is 2 one edge stations and another 3 two edge stations.

DISH Network offers the welcome pack for $22.99 so you would have programming available on at least 1TV.

Are you sure you want Over The Air instead of satellite reception? If 41183 is your zip code tv fool shows you have almost nothing to watch. At 20ft. above ground level your best reception is 2 one edge stations and another 3 two edge stations.

DISH Network offers the welcome pack for $22.99 so you would have programming available on at least 1TV.
Do you have a link to this $22.99? I can't find it.

How do I use the existing hardware from these dishes to install an Outdoor antenna to get OTA signal into multiple rooms of the house just like the satellite signal was.
To answer this question only, you use the coax that connects to the worldDIRECT dish to connect the OTA antenna balun to the input of a new splitter (one that isn't DIRECTV-oriented). Make sure that the splitter passes power on one port (you're almost certainly going to need a preamplifier if the guess about your location is correct).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts