OTA antenna through DP34

wdr61

Original poster
May 17, 2007
Hello,
OK here is what I want to do. I want to mount an OTA antenna on the roof. I want to diplex it with one of my LNB's and let the signal go all the way through the DP34 switch and just before my receivers I want to add a second diplexer to seperate the signals again. Will this work?

Option 2. Diplex the OTA with one of the LNB's and just before the switch add a second diplexer sending the lnb to the switch and the other to a splitter. Then on each output of the switch I add another diplexer combining the OTA signal from the splitter with the SAT signal. Just before the receiver add a forth diplexer to once again seperate the the signals. Will this work?
Obviously the first option is easier.
Thanks for your input.
Bill

Option 2 should work, option 1 will not as DISH switches do not pass OTA frequencies.

The DP34 will not pass OTA TV frequencies, so option 1 will not work.

Option 2 seems like a lot of gyrations to go through just to play with diplexers.

It is so much simpler just to run a seperate cable for OTA and if you have any weak channels you may lose them in the diplexing. It may also reduce your satellite signal strength.

I would say to just run the cable, rolls of 1000 ft go for around $40-60 in local shops
like others said it would cause alot of signal loss if used with diplexers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)