OTA Antenna to 5 Televisions

jcljr166

Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
My Set-Up:

I have one dual tuner dvr receiver operating two tvs.
I have one dual tuner standard receiver operating two more tvs.
I have one dual tuner ViP 622 receiver operating one HDTV tv.

Is it possible for me to run an OTA antenna to all 3 receivers through the existing coax so all 5 tvs receive the OTA signal?

My Set-Up:

Is it possible for me to run an OTA antenna to all 3 receivers through the existing coax so all 5 tvs receive the OTA signal?
Why do you want the TV antenna on all three receivers? Only the 622 has a HDTV tuner and the ability to record the programming. Yes it is possible but if your locals are available from DISH you will probably be better off subscribing for $5 per mo.:)

My Set-Up:

Yup... splitters, diplexers and a AMP is what you'll need. Easiest is to run the OTA line down to the switch and make all the magic happen there. I assume you are using a DPP44 switch, I think it would be a good idea to run the power inserter on port 1 by itself though. Diplexers on port 1 not good.

I am doing the same thing. I suspect that one of my YTVS will not be watching musch OTA reight now but over time taht will change and it is easier to set it up now.

My Set-Up:

You should be able to, you can use a spliter to connect the nearby tv and another spliter to combine the tv2 signal with the antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)