OTA Antenna?

EEJay

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
I just got the FiOS Internet installed and the tech told me that TV would be here in March. From the pictures I've seen of the FiOS TV receiver, it doesn't have an antenna input. I get all the Baltimore & DC digital channels and all their sub-channels by an OTA antenna through the DirecTV receiver, and I would like to keep them if I switch. Although this isn't really a concern if Verizon is delivering all the sub-channels through FiOS. Can anyone answer this?

If your HDTV has a built in OTA tuner (ATSC), which it most likely does, plug the coax into that input on your TV. You'll be able to switch from FIOS on one input to OTA on the other input.

With FIOS, you get Baltimore and DC locals both in HD anyways, so no need for an antenna. Most of the sub-channels are carried except Good TV and The Tube.

-John

I just got the FiOS Internet installed and the tech told me that TV would be here in March. From the pictures I've seen of the FiOS TV receiver, it doesn't have an antenna input. I get all the Baltimore & DC digital channels and all their sub-channels by an OTA antenna through the DirecTV receiver, and I would like to keep them if I switch. Although this isn't really a concern if Verizon is delivering all the sub-channels through FiOS. Can anyone answer this?

Many of the sub-channels are available in the 850-899 range. For DC, 850-852 are the weather channels for NBC-4, CBS-9 & ABC-7. 853 is Channel 50/Tube Music Network, 861-864 are the channels for WEAT-26 and 870-873 are for MPT-22. Some good programming, but a lot of digital artifacts, which I suspect are there already and not a FiOS issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts