OTA Antenna's

stevo714

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Lancaster
Well the Stealthtenna did not work to well I only got 1 Channel out of 4. Really weird as I had this antenna before without the amplifier and picked up all 4 when I lived about 3 miles away from my current location. I know that every location is different but I thought for sure I wouldn't have a problem.

My question is what antenna is everyone getting for there upgrade. I was told the Terk(can't remember the model ")would be my upgrade antenna. I thought those were a piece of crap. Anyone have better luck with the 2nd antenna.

By the way my Installers were very nice and did a good job installing but not very knowledgable on the Voom system. Didn't know how to read the menu's or anything at all with the VOOM Receiver. I had them take out the diplexers and just run the straight cable from the antenna to the VOOM Box just to make sure the Diplexers weren't the cause and the 1 channel I did get did not improve in Signal Quality so it definately was not the diplexers.

Well I hope the next antenna works. I'm only about 30 miles from the furtherest tower and the other 3 are within 15 miles. I was planning on doing away with Comcast but without getting my Locals I will have to make a choice to stay with Voom or stay with a company I can't stand giving my money to.

No, You tell them you live 40 to 50 miles away and the stealth wont work then tell them you need a differrent antenna and they should fix you up.

Bill

I hope it is the Winegard they were trying to tell me it was going to be the Terk Antenna that is long and narrow. My installer said he was going to call or should I call?

You call the installer as when I called my installer he said he needed permission from Voom to install an antenna other than the stealth. So I immediately called Voom and with in 15 minutes I called back the installer and he confirmed he had permission to bring out the winegard. He left me the stealth as well even though I never used it.

Bill

The Stealth antenna that the installer left here won't even pull in a PBS station on a regular tv from 9 miles. Since that station wouldn't be mapped in the STB, I just hooked it up to my smaller 36" Toshiba to test it. Such a piece of crap. I don't have OTA locals except on cable. I guess I live too far since I am 75-80 miles from the transmitters. I am going to make one more try with a 70 mile range UHF with a 28 db amp and see if anything happens.

Lem52

I am in Hampton Roads area of Va and they are going to upgrade me to a Wine Guard 8800 (8-bay) directional antenna.

I got upgraded to the winegard SquareShooter. Because of my proximity to downtown and that I live in an apartment building, i can get all stations with a little tweaking of the antenna for some stations. so, although a bit ghetto that I am out there moving the dish around to pick up 24 or the Apprentice, I am a happy camper!

the 8-bay directional shoudl work well. I assume all of your programming is in UHF?

Lem, They may have hooked it up incorrectly or not positioned it. No reason even without the amp that you shouldn't get the 9 mile station unless you have a lot of stuff around you. Trees? buildings? What does your area look like?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)