OTA audio has failed

rfischer4073

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
Merritt Island, FL
Hi to everyone,
I'm new here and just had DISH installed last week, so please bear with me if my question is redundant.

From what I understand, software was pushed last evening, which has rendered most of my OTA stations in Orlando, without audio. I rebooted my VIP 722, but the problem still exists.

Does anyone know a fix to this problem by chance, short of calling DISH customer service?

Thanks for your help :)

Rick

Loss of OTA audio when recording or when watching a channel that is not broadcasting in dolby digital is a documented bug of the latest software rollout of L446. It appears to be the result of OTA channels not properly coding their audio. It was a problem before this software but became noticeable in this software rollout for some reason.

I found that when I switched to live TV of the world series the audio returned. Later in the night when I was on nbc the audio was lost and then was lost for any of my OTA until I switched to a TV1 tuner channel and then switched back to an OTA channel.

I sent it into tech@echostar. They were interested in more details. Consider writing with your particular circumstances.