OTA Autohop?

The auto hop icon appears the following day after it records.(1am ish) If the PTAT event has auto hop, it will have a red kangaroo icon displayed on the event in the PTAT folder and once you resume or start over the event, then you would see the auto hop enable message appear.

Doesn't all PTAT shows have auto hop?

I do not use PTAT. From an earlier post, AH is supposed to only work with PTAT.

I believe that is wrong and Scott has stated the two are separate, and why. I can't remember where Scott said that (could have been the pub) so I won't blurt out all that I'm remembering on the topic. From posts above in this very thread, we know that it works on your OTA big four, and the OTA tuner can't do PTAT, so that's one hint in the clear right there. ;)

Well, right now I'm looking at my dvr'd show list. I recorded Biggest Loser on channel 010-0, which is the Dish feed of my local NBC channel, last Monday 1/14. I see no Hopper insignia on the icon. If I hit the Select button, I see no option for AH. Am I missing something

Well, right now I'm looking at my dvr'd show list. I recorded Biggest Loser on channel 010-0, which is the Dish feed of my local NBC channel, last Monday 1/14. I see no Hopper insignia on the icon. If I hit the Select button, I see no option for AH. Am I missing something

If auto hop works on OTA, I would assume there wouldn't be an icon. Biggest Loser shows a red auto hop icon for me, but that's because I recorded it with PTAT.

Try turning PTAT on in the menus and then see if the icon appears on the recording or if auto hop works. Even recordings in the PTAT folder need PTAT enabled in order for the AH logo to appear.

Pictures are worth a thousand words...

uploadfromtaptalk1358810241784.jpg

Note the channel number, 45-01

I think it has been reported in other threads, if you set a separate time for a show that's also being recorded on PTAT, that recording will use that recording instead of a separate recording. If that is true, that could be why AH shows up as an option.

PTAT absolutely has to be enabled for OTA autohop. Just checked/shuttled.

Personally the difference in PQ between OTA and the sat feeds is so minute that it probably wouldn't factor in at all on my tuner scheduling.

Sat is a little softer, probably due to the 1440x1080, but it's really negligible to my eyes, and I'm very picky.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

This is true with LA DMA LIL's, as well. In fact, more picture break-up in fast motion on OTA, both Dish and TiVo and directly into my TV, but not so much via Dish LIL's.

So if one is willing to give up a tuner for PTAT and also record the program OTA, then the OTA recording will have auto hop? Is that what I'm hearing?
NO. PTAT only has to be minimally enabled, like one channel on only one night. So much misunderstanding about all this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)