OTA breakup on Joeys

keitheva

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
It seems like the OTA issues on the Hopper 3 itself have been fixed, I can view live and recorded no problem.

But issues still remain with live and recorded OTA on the attached Joeys:
1. A/V breakup on live OTA
2. A/V breakup on recorded OTA when recording initiated from Joey (if the recording was initiated on the H3, it can be viewed OK on the Joey; and for a recording initiated from a Joey, it also has A/V breakup when viewed on the H3 - weird)

Anyone else seeing this?

There is a discussion on this in an earlier thread: OTA Breakup Problem

A work around to this is to either manually tune the Hopper to the OTA station prior to the recording or to set a timer to auto-tune to a program on that station prior to a scheduled recording. For example if you want to set a timer to record a program on OTA channel 6 at 9:00, also set a timer to auto-tune a program on OTA channel 6 at 8:00.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
There is a discussion on this in an earlier thread: OTA Breakup Problem

A work around to this is to either manually tune the Hopper to the OTA station prior to the recording or to set a timer to auto-tune to a program on that station prior to a scheduled recording. For example if you want to set a timer to record a program on OTA channel 6 at 9:00, also set a timer to auto-tune a program on OTA channel 6 at 8:00.

Thanks. But as I said, the issue is not just with recording, it's also with live OTA. And it's not a problem for either live or recorded on the Hopper, just on the Joeys.

The same fix works for live. Tune the Hopper to the OTA station and the pixelation on the the Joey ( and DishAnywhere app) will clear up. Works for me.

Thanks. But as I said, the issue is not just with recording, it's also with live OTA. And it's not a problem for either live or recorded on the Hopper, just on the Joeys.
Yes, and a topic of discussion in multiple threads since late August.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)