OTA Channels Direct to TV?

ckndave

Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Is there a way to split the OTA signal from the roof top antenna (Winegard Sensar II VM2NPS) so that the TV can tune in the subchannels in HD/SD without going through the VOOM STB? My installer could not figure out a way to bypass the diplexer. I am trying to utilize the direct tuning of the Sony Plasma KDE42XS955 and the dual picture modes. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

I dont' see why you couldn't take off the Voom Diplexer and use a standard $10.99 diplexer to split it back out into Sat / OTA. Split the OTA, one to your TV, one to the Voom box. Now you can use both tuners OTA.

Shawn

Shawn95GT said:
I dont' see why you couldn't take off the Voom Diplexer and use a standard $10.99 diplexer to split it back out into Sat / OTA. Split the OTA, one to your TV, one to the Voom box. Now you can use both tuners OTA.

Shawn

you can

That may or may not work. I tried it with a Radio Shack diplexer and a few of the Voom channels got screwed up including SciFi and one of the Showtime channels. They are in reverse polarity or something and when I tuned to them I was seeing the Bravo channel and one of the sports channels instead of SciFi and Showtime.

Mine was installed with a separate line for the sat and antenna. I split the line from the antenna (with a cheap Radio Shack splitter) and ran one line directly into my Sony. Works fine, you can use the split screen to watch the sub-channels (or the analog versions of the main channels for that matter).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)