ota channels

deacon70

Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
last week one of our over the air channels went AWOL, all the rest were fine. After doing the CSR dog and pony show they decided to issue a check on that channel from their side. After five hours that channel came back on and was working fine. Tonight (2) different channels decided to drop out of the picture---any ideas

I assume that you brought the problem to this forum because you have the OTA connected to your DishNet receiver. If you have a separate coax from your antenna to your receiver and have a tuner in your set, you can use a splitter to run a cable to both your receiver and to your TV which gives you backup if you have a receiver issue. If your OTA is merged with your satellite feed, then I don't think you can do that.
My brother had D* install his OTA with his HD upgrade. They used a DB2 (small, short range) that just didn't do the job. He replaced it with a CM 4221 and is very happy with the results. It is also possible that the station had transmission problems. I know the digital transmissions in our area have not been completely reliable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)