OTA EPG Info Incorrect or Displaying 'Digital Service' Discussion Thread

The OTA channels are showing the same message as the Satellite channels for lin. Tony is trying to get the correct epg information displayed for the OTA locals.
I'm certainly aware of that situation but that seems to imply that not all of the LIN stations in dispute are showing the "message" from Dish and that they're actually showing proper guide data.

I feel confident this is part of Dish's public-relations ummm, "propaganda" is a strong word, ploy (?). :D

Indianapoliis,IN: WXIN's sub channel 59.2 shows digital service, should be Antenna TV. WIPB's sub channel 49.2 says digital service, should be Create. WNDY 23.1 shows Important news instead of proper EPG. WNDY's sub channel 23.2 shows digital service, should be COOL TV. WFYI's sub channel 20.2 shows same info as 20.1, should be V Me. WISH 8.1 shows Important News instead of proper EPG.

WNDY and WISH are mutually operated (both CBS), sharing the same tower. If I've been reading the various threads correctly, It seems that most or all of Lin's CBS and related stations are blocking the EPGs, but not their Fox stations. I might be wrong on that.

I'm certainly aware of that situation but that seems to imply that not all of the LIN stations in dispute are showing the "message" from Dish and that they're actually showing proper guide data.

I feel confident this is part of Dish's public-relations ummm, "propaganda" is a strong word, ploy (?). :D

No idea, I can only go by what they are doing here in Austin.

I hope TonyT can help you guys and maybe so with the non-LIN networks, but methinks efforts will be squelched if they go higher up with any LIN related channels...

Good luck.

Is there really any point to this thread then? I had hopes for it. In the case of my DMA the info is available (THIS Network). When I wish to watch it I use the OTA feed from an adjacent DMA that I receive by antena. It would be nice though to use the local one and since the info is clearly available it is a bit annoying this way but the situation is what it is.

but if DISH does not care about this we are just wasting bandwidth.

Yes. DIRT, please respond, even if it is to tell us that has abounded the effort and is working on 813 or the successor to the 922 or just decided to have a really long lunch over the subject.
Working on the 813 or 922 ? How does that factor in ? This is a data issue, not a hardware one. Dare I go out on a limb and say on the scale of importance, from 1-10, 10 being lowest, it must be in the 8-10 range... :(

I agree with you. My point was that this guide problem (what you call a data issue), is a problem regardless of the receiver, past, present, or future (for the 813). DishSubLA can answer for himself. But I imagined he was thinking that Dish has a limited pool of engineering talent, and they may be reassigned from this problem to the 813. My thinking was that, if the techs working on the 813 bump up against this problem on the new receiver, and get it fixed, then we can all be happy even if we have an earlier receiver.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)