OTA EPG Info Incorrect or Displaying 'Digital Service'

The CM DVR+ is currently $249 for the one where you provide your own EHD. It was just on sale for about $144. It gets EPG data over the Internet or via PSIP.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Maybe they are working on that. It might have been one of the reasons for switching guide data providers in the first place, but they had to work on fixing the glitches with guide data for national channels before they started working on new guide data for OTA local channels and subchannels.
That would be wonderful if it turns out to be true. But I'm not holding my breath.

New Uplinks / Mappings - Channels NOT Available
14186 KLKN LINCOLN, NE (ABC) added to 110° 27s29 (SC Nebraska) (OTA EPG Data) No EPG - OTA Mapping (-01)
14186 KLKN LINCOLN, NE (ABC) added to 129° 5s20 (SC Nebraska) (OTA EPG Data) No EPG - OTA Mapping (-01)
14186 KLKN LINCOLN, NE (ABC) added to 61.5° 32s13 (Nebraska/Kansas) (OTA EPG Data) No EPG - OTA Mapping (-01)
14187 WLNE NEW BEDFORD, MA (ABC) added to 61.5° 27s28 (VT/NH/MA/CT/RI) (OTA EPG Data) No EPG - OTA Mapping (-01)

I live in Lincoln, NE. I have Flex Pack w/o locals. I can confirm that KLKN OTA in the guide now says "No information available."

WTF Dish?!

It can take a short while (a few hours, but always less than 12-24 hours) for it to populate. Be patient.... If it's not there by tomorrow at this time, then you can say "WTF Dish?" all you want ! :p

I live in Lincoln, NE. I have Flex Pack w/o locals. I can confirm that KLKN OTA in the guide now says "No information available."

WTF Dish?!
Did you have guide data before this change, or did it previously say "Digital Service" or only list the call letters (KLKN)? In other words, does it look like Dish is trying to add new guide data, or did they replace an existing guide data stream with a new one that has no data?

It can take a short while (a few hours, but always less than 12-24 hours) for it to populate. Be patient.... If it's not there by tomorrow at this time, then you can say "WTF Dish?" all you want ! :p
Look at the uplink parp quoted. It specifically says "No EPG" so what parp is seeing might be what Dish is actually broadcasting.

Look at the uplink parp quoted. It specifically says "No EPG" so what parp is seeing might be what Dish is actually broadcasting.
Those are all -01 channels and for a single market. Is this the same market as TheKrell ? He reported this and a Dish technical person contacted him to get it resolved. I suspect this is a single case fix. Regarding the -01 channels, Dish doesn't push guide data for those either - they map them from the -00 channel and may do this at the receiver level, not through the satellite feed.

Those are all -01 channels and for a single market. Is this the same market as TheKrell ? He reported this and a Dish technical person contacted him to get it resolved. I suspect this is a single case fix. Regarding the -01 channels, Dish doesn't push guide data for those either - they map them from the -00 channel and may do this at the receiver level, not through the satellite feed.
I am pretty sure TheKrell's problem is with a PBS station in Virginia, not the ABC station in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Reactions: TheKrell
I am pretty sure TheKrell's problem is with a PBS station in Virginia, not the ABC station in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Nevertheless, if Dish ever figures out a fix for my missing -01 PBS channels, perhaps you'll get your ABC station guide back as well.

Did you have guide data before this change, or did it previously say "Digital Service" or only list the call letters (KLKN)? In other words, does it look like Dish is trying to add new guide data, or did they replace an existing guide data stream with a new one that has no data?

Well, the guide data for KLKN OTA is back to normal today. I saw that "No EPG" uplink info and saw that my guide data disappeared for that channel yesterday and it freaked me out. My bad! Sorry Dish! lol

For LAFF, the last time I checked, there was a three-hour block of "Paid Programming" in the early morning hours on the national feed on Dish, while the local affiliate showed regularly-scheduled LAFF programming (with no guide data since that channel always says "Digital Service") the entire time. So apparently that block of LAFF programming is reserved exclusively for the local affiliates, while their programming is duplicated on both feeds the rest of the day. 21 hours per day of correct guide listings would still be better than no guide listings at all. You could still set a timer for the "Paid Programming" segments (if the guide data were duplicated on the local channel) to record Life's Funniest Moments or Funniest Pets and People, or whatever else LAFF may put in those time-slots, without needing to set a manual timer. There was a glitch awhile ago where the guide for the national feed sometimes only said "Blue Highways Programming" but that issue was fixed as far as I know.
Update: I was flipping through the channels a couple of nights ago, and I noticed that the national feed of LAFF was actually showing regular LAFF programming in one of the so-called "Paid Programming" slots. So now, it looks like an issue with the guide info being flat-out wrong, rather than the way it was before, when the national feed was actually showing Paid Programming in that time-slot while only the local affiliate showed the regular LAFF programming.

Update: I was flipping through the channels a couple of nights ago, and I noticed that the national feed of LAFF was actually showing regular LAFF programming in one of the so-called "Paid Programming" slots. So now, it looks like an issue with the guide info being flat-out wrong, rather than the way it was before, when the national feed was actually showing Paid Programming in that time-slot while only the local affiliate showed the regular LAFF programming.
I've noticed that as well but early in the morning. The guide shows three hours of "Paid Programming" but, in fact, regular programming is playing. I watched a movie the other morning, might have been "Uncle Buck"(?), and if you pressed the Info button it said "Paid Programming".

Reactions: pattykay
I've noticed that as well but early in the morning. The guide shows three hours of "Paid Programming" but, in fact, regular programming is playing. I watched a movie the other morning, might have been "Uncle Buck"(?), and if you pressed the Info button it said "Paid Programming".
In my case, it was Grace Under Fire. I didn't leave it there very long, just long enough to be able to tell that it was regular programming, not an infomercial.

Update: I was flipping through the channels a couple of nights ago, and I noticed that the national feed of LAFF was actually showing regular LAFF programming in one of the so-called "Paid Programming" slots. So now, it looks like an issue with the guide info being flat-out wrong
I also noticed this issue in the morning on Discovery Familia: the guide info says "Paid Programming" but they are actually showing cartoons.

TSID and OTA mapping update continues:

31 changes seen 8/16/17 at 4:40pm ET (v19)

Other Changes
6297 WHP3 (15 HD) 61.5° 20s52 (MD/PA) HD Washington, DC market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
6575 KNPL (25 Local) NORTH PLATTE, NE (CBS) 119° 5sA07 (Sioux Falls) SD North Platte, NE market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
6315 WOVA (49 HD Local) MARIETTA, OH (FOX) 61.5° 28s32 (Charleston WV) HD Parkersburg, WV market Hidden - OTA Mapping Added (49-02)
6711 KTVOD (33 Local) KIRKSVILLE, MO (CBS) 119° 2sA08 (Kansas City) SD Ottumwa, IA/Kirksville, MO market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
5138 KXTQ (46 HD Local) LUBBOCK, TX (TELEMUNDO) 61.5° 23s17 (Amarillo TX) HD Lubbock, TX market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
5139 KJTVC (32 HD Local) LUBBOCK, TX (FOX) 61.5° 23s17 (Amarillo TX) HD Lubbock, TX market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
8855 KUGF (40 Local) GREAT FALLS, MT (PBS) 110° 4s36 (Central Montana) SD Great Falls, MT market Hidden - OTA Mapping Added (40-01)
9323 KESQ2 (38 Local) PALM SPRINGS, CA (CBS) 110° 31s39 (SC California) SD Palm Springs, CA market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
5281 WWAY2 (9 HD Local) WILMINGTON, NC (ABC) 61.5° 24s5 (North Carolina) HD Wilmington, NC market Hidden - OTA Mapping Added (9-01)
8688 WILM (10) WILMINGTON, NC (CBS) 61.5° 24s5 (North Carolina) SD MPEG4 Wilmington, NC market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
8122 KYLX (13 Local) 110° 27s17 (South Texas) SD Larado, TX market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
8124 KXOF (39 Local) LAREDO, TX (FOX) 110° 27s17 (South Texas) SD Larado, TX market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
8897 KSBI (52 Local) OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 110° 25s25 (Oklahoma) SD Oklahoma City, OK market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
8975 KTFF (61 Local) PORTERVILLE, CA (TELEFUTURA) 110° 4s38 (Nevada) SD Fresno, CA market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
9032 KSNV (3 Local) LAS VEGAS, NV (NBC) 110° 12s38 (Nevada) SD Las Vegas, NV market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
5263 WTWC2 (49 HD Local) TALLAHASSEE, FL (NBC) 129° 14s51 (NE Florida) HD Tallahassee, FL market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
5263 WTWC2 (49 HD Local) TALLAHASSEE, FL (NBC) 61.5° 31s10 (S Georgia) HD Tallahassee, FL market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
5200 KSPR (33 HD Local) SPRINGFIELD, MO (ABC) 61.5° 18s63 (Springfield MO) HD Springfield, MO market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
5200 KSPR (33 HD Local) SPRINGFIELD, MO (ABC) 77° TP 32 HD Springfield, MO market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
5206 KSPR2 (15 HD Local) SPRINGFIELD, MO (ABC) 61.5° 18s63 (Springfield MO) HD Springfield, MO market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
5206 KSPR2 (15 HD Local) SPRINGFIELD, MO (ABC) 77° TP 32 HD Springfield, MO market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
5267 WISE (34 HD Local) FORT WAYNE, IN (MYTV) 119° 2sA12 (Columbus) HD Fort Wayne, IN market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
5267 WISE (34 HD Local) FORT WAYNE, IN (MYTV) 61.5° TP 8 HD Fort Wayne, IN market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
5163 KFXL (17 HD Local) LINCOLN, NE (FOX) 129° 5s20 (SC Nebraska) HD Lincoln, NE market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
5163 KFXL (17 HD Local) LINCOLN, NE (FOX) 61.5° 32s13 (Nebraska/Kansas) HD Lincoln, NE market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
5183 KTMJ (43 HD Local) TOPEKA, KS (FOX) 129° 6s29 (East Kansas) HD Topeka, KS market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
5183 KTMJ (43 HD Local) TOPEKA, KS (FOX) 61.5° 22s13 (Nebraska/Kansas) HD Topeka, KS market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
7413 KVLY2 (4 Local) FARGO, ND (NBC) 110° 23s32 (East Dakotas) SD Fargo, ND market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
7575 KBJR2 (3 Local) SUPERIOR, WI (NBC) 110° 12s28 (Central Minnesota) SD Duluth, MN market Hidden - OTA Mapping Changed (Station TSID)
5273 WZAW (33 HD Local) 129° 10s15 (NE Wisconsin) HD Wausau, WI market Hidden - OTA Mapping Added (33-01)

Reactions: TheKrell
Its weird here on the Baton Rouge ota. For the last 6 or so years we had guide data on 44.2 the CW affiliate. About 2 weeks ago or so the guide data changed to the call letters WBRL. Dish offers that channel thru the satellite so i am not sure why the change.

Holy sh*t - it's been almost 10 years for some of the channels in market. They are finally making corrections (and additions) ??

Where are you getting this data from ? Is the uplink here working finally ?
James Long's uplink report over at dbstalk.

As far as Dish finally getting around to changing the TSID, I think it has something to do with the switch-over to Tivo metadata.

Flagstaff, AZ, has no locally generated programming. The "local" station, KNAZ channel 2 was bought out and now simply shows the same programming as Phoenix KPNX, channel 12, the NBC affiliate. The channel 12 data could be used to populate the channel 2 guide. Also, the guide data for channel 45-2 is displayed as whatever is on Fox, channel 10, when in fact, it is the Movies! channel. It used to be correct here and show incorrectly on the 10-2 FOX SD feed. I think the problem is that 10-2 and 45-2 are on the same translator frequency here in Flagstaff (RF channel 28). Among other OTA channels that lack any data are 3-2 which is now Comet, 7-4 which is Charge, 8-2 PBS Life, 10-3 Heros, 10-4 Light, and 15-3 Laff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)