OTA from TV1 to TV2

nagol99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
I have a VIP722 with TV1 & TV2 being HD tv's. I also have an OTA in the attic that is attached to the OTA-in connection on the back of the 722. I would like to know what my options are to get OTA on TV2 in the bedroom also? I am not necessarily wanting to view OTA thru Dish on TV2 (I dont think that it possible), but would like to be able to switch from Dish to the TV and just watch the OTA channels on the HD TV in the bedroom. There is only 1 input on the back of the HD tv in the bedroom by the way.

If your second tv is connected by coax, just use two standard splitters on the OTA coax. First one just before it is connected to the 722 with one line going to the antenna in on the 722, The second splitter gets used in reverse (as a combiner) with one line being from the rf out from the 722 and the second line from the first splitter. Just make sure the 722 is set for analog and the channel numbers assigned on the receiver for tv1 and tv2 do not conflict with the channel assignments from the ota.

Will this configuration give me the ability to view OTA on TV2 through Dish, or will I have to switch from Dish to the TV input on TV2?

If you change your 722 to single mode (?) instead of dual mode (?) then you should be able to tune all of your OTA channels on your receiver. Your OTA channels obviously won't be in HD, but you will be able to view them and select them for recording from your TV2 location.

Press the mode button on your receiver panel until the LEDs on the front of your receiver indicate the correct mode.

Someone who's more familiar with the receiver should be able to help you out further...

So in essence, I was of next to no help... :)

Other than to say that I've done what you're wanting to do in the past, and it had to do with manipulating the TV2 viewing mode. Hope you get it worked out.

OTA to tv 2

If your TV2 has a separate input for ota antenna yo can just run a coax cable from antenna to TV2. My Samsung has this. i can use source on Tv remote to toggle from dish HD input to ota hd input. this will only work for ota signals you receive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts