VIP 211 new software no 144 HD

sds39

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Elizabeth City,North Carolina
For the last several days I get no picture on 144HD or 9425 but I get audio. I have called support and each time we try something new--check switch--check signal strength---and if you shut down the receiver and unplug it; it will acquire the new program and 144HD will come on if you have it set to that channel. Once you switch channels you loose the video again and still get audio. They have tried fixing four times and now have sent a report to engineering. All the other HD channels are great. They told me to call back in two days if it continued. Any of you ever heard of this problem? Oh, they told me that the new software had been installed two days ago.

For the last several days I get no picture on 144HD or 9425 but I get audio. I have called support and each time we try something new--check switch--check signal strength---and if you shut down the receiver and unplug it; it will acquire the new program and 144HD will come on if you have it set to that channel. Once you switch channels you loose the video again and still get audio. They have tried fixing four times and now have sent a report to engineering. All the other HD channels are great. They told me to call back in two days if it continued. Any of you ever heard of this problem? Oh, they told me that the new software had been installed two days ago.

Oh Sh!t,
I have the same problem. Just checked it. Audio good, no video on vip 211 Ver. L522.:(

We tried a hard reset and did not work. I am not using a HDMI cable but have ordered one to replace the other cables. The installer did not have one with him when he did the install four years ago. The picture looks great but still no 144HD or 9425 video. Please let me know if any of you get the problem fixed. Thanks much, Shelton

Just got home from work and checked it again. I had video and audio when i first turned on receiver as it was left on ESPN2HD. But after a channel change it's now gone again. Oh well, looks like its time to send DISH an e-mail.

It does the same thing to me and now 215HD is locking up. Please let me know if you get any cure for the problem. I'm a big, old football fan and need college football in HD LOL I will send you my email address if you find out anything, so just post here. Thanks, Shelton

John, do you have a VIP 211 or a VIP 211K? I called support to give them a report on what is happening as they requested me to do and instead of looking it up he started going through the same old stuff again. I finally told him that they had requested me to call back today and that others were having the same problem. He looked it up and told me to call back in two days. Maybe by the end of the year it will get fixed.

John, do you have a VIP 211 or a VIP 211K? I called support to give them a report on what is happening as they requested me to do and instead of looking it up he started going through the same old stuff again. I finally told him that they had requested me to call back today and that others were having the same problem. He looked it up and told me to call back in two days. Maybe by the end of the year it will get fixed.
It was purchased as a NIB VIP 211. I did not closely look at the Identification on the unit to be sure. Using Component for HD and Composite for SD.

Last edited:
I finally got an answer from Dish. I went to their on line chat support and he confirmed that it is a software problem and they are working on it. He said that after they get it fixed that I'll wake up with it fixed and need not continue to call them.

I finally got an answer from Dish. I went to their on line chat support and he confirmed that it is a software problem and they are working on it. He said that after they get it fixed that I'll wake up with it fixed and need not continue to call them.

I ended calling tech support as it seems thier e-mail link on Dishnetwork.com isn't working either.:D
The lady said she's heard of no other people having the issue. :eek: But will submit my inquiry to the techs. Good enough for me. :rolleyes:
Also doesn't it suck being a member of satelite guys and more informed than the DISH employees. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)