OTA guide errors

bfollett

Original poster
Apr 21, 2019
I took advantage of the free over the air antenna offer from Dish to save the $12 a month for local channels, but I'm surprised at just how much of the channel guide information is missing or messed up. I was informed pre-install that lots of the new channels that aired locally would not have program info, but that the local channels that Dish had been providing guide data for should be correct. This turned out to be untrue. Several of the channels that Dish provided guide info on are now missing any program information or are giving program information for the wrong channel. Is there any recourse to this? I tried an online chat a few weeks ago but that didn't resolve anything. FYI, Boston area.

Thanks,

Bob

Reactions: TheKrell
I took advantage of the free over the air antenna offer from Dish to save the $12 a month for local channels, but I'm surprised at just how much of the channel guide information is missing or messed up. I was informed pre-install that lots of the new channels that aired locally would not have program info, but that the local channels that Dish had been providing guide data for should be correct. This turned out to be untrue. Several of the channels that Dish provided guide info on are now missing any program information or are giving program information for the wrong channel. Is there any recourse to this? I tried an online chat a few weeks ago but that didn't resolve anything. FYI, Boston area.

Thanks,

Bob

Interesting. I’m in the Providence market. I don’t get guide information for most of them but I pick up the Boston channels with my antenna. I get complete guide information for the Boston channels even though I never subscribed to them and they are not in my DMA.

Did your area just do a repack of your local channels? If so your Dish Guide would need to be updated. Is the info that is wrong showing Guide data for another local channel? If so you may be able to call Dish Support and they could fix it. This was a problem for the Dayton channels after the repack.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell
Did your area just do a repack of your local channels? If so your Dish Guide would need to be updated. Is the info that is wrong showing Guide data for another local channel? If so you may be able to call Dish Support and they could fix it. This was a problem for the Dayton channels after the repack.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Repack for me is not the problem. There is no guide data on the main channels but the sub channels have data. Boston locals for me show complete guide data. It is not a repack problem. It’s a Dish guide problem

Several of the channels that Dish provided guide info on are now missing any program information or are giving program information for the wrong channel.

I feel your pain. I don't know how many of my local channels are this way, but the one I record the most, WETA, is AWOL.
Repack for me is not the problem. There is no guide data on the main channels but the sub channels have data.

Yup. Same with WETA channel 26-1. The other 3 subchannels on WETA still show the program data just fine.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)