OTA-HD-local help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Domf3962

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
I have had my OTA up now for about 2 months. Recently I am receiveing a searching for signal message. Only getting message from my local fox and cbs affiliate. I called DTV they sent a tech out who said he could do nothing about the problems I was having. I called DTV back and asked for another tech. THE csr said it he also thought they could nothing about the problem. He said I should wait for the conversions to start in my area ( live in Philly) I will not need the OTA any more. I hope his is correct. My qusetions are:

Is DTV correct that my problem can not be solved. I hope that it can.

Should I try an amplifier to strenthen signal.

Or should I wait for the conversions to start I hope if they removed the OTA i will get my locals in more clearly.

I do not want to go back to COMCRAPst they are awefull

Any help will do thanks.

BTW the tech did test my siganal they were all over 100 or near 100.

They're correct -- they can't help with OTA signal quality.

Try a different antenna -- preferrably one with a pre-amp and an attenuator.

How far are you from the antennas according to antennaweb?

Hogarth said:
They're correct -- they can't help with OTA signal quality.

Try a different antenna -- preferrably one with a pre-amp and an attenuator.

How far are you from the antennas according to antennaweb?

I am only aboout 7 miles form either CBS or Fox

Many local stations are still working out bugs in their digital transmissions. When I first started receiving the OTA digital feeds a couple of years ago, my signal strengths would be all over the place. They are much more stable now. :)

I'm in florence n.j. and before using the VOOM stb with powered ant. i had problems getting CBS & FOX with an indoor power ant. i'm 23 mi. away. All transmitters are located close to each other 268 to 270 for me. So try a better ant. it might solve your problem it did for me.
Rob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Crestron and H10

Direct TV Signal in Europe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)