OTA HR20 problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

heartthrob1

Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
I was over at my cousin's house yesterday to help her out when the installer got there to upgrade her system. We were fortunate enough to get a good installer this time and I asked him if we could get a DVR with an OTA antenna. He had only 1 HR-20 model on his truck and he hooked it up for us. He did the whole local programming setup thing and all the locals with signals popped up on the guide in black, however when we selected any of them off the guide the HR-20 searched for them and gave us no picture and a 771 error. I know the signal on the anntenna cable is fine, when we plug it back in the tv all of our Charlotte, NC local channels come in. The installer didn't know what was wrong, he had only set this up for one other customer before and had no problem. My cousin said that she'll live without them as long as we still have have locals off of satellite. Any ideas? I think that maybe it could be a glitch. I'm going back over there today to try to reprogram the locals and see if that works.

I was over at my cousin's house yesterday to help her out when the installer got there to upgrade her system. We were fortunate enough to get a good installer this time and I asked him if we could get a DVR with an OTA antenna. He had only 1 HR-20 model on his truck and he hooked it up for us. He did the whole local programming setup thing and all the locals with signals popped up on the guide in black, however when we selected any of them off the guide the HR-20 searched for them and gave us no picture and a 771 error. I know the signal on the anntenna cable is fine, when we plug it back in the tv all of our Charlotte, NC local channels come in. The installer didn't know what was wrong, he had only set this up for one other customer before and had no problem. My cousin said that she'll live without them as long as we still have have locals off of satellite. Any ideas? I think that maybe it could be a glitch. I'm going back over there today to try to reprogram the locals and see if that works.

Make certian that the antenna feed is in the correct spot, installers is not responsible for the OTA so it's hard to say if it was hooked up correctly.
Make sure you run thru the Antenna set up after words or it won't work.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts