What Vermont customers are getting Boston HD Locals?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jtn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
Springfield, MA
Which of you in Vermont are getting HD locals from Boston? And what zip, I'm getting the run around from DirecTV denying they are providing Vermont with HD from Boston market.

Which of you in Vermont are getting HD locals from Boston? And what zip, I'm getting the run around from DirecTV denying they are providing Vermont with HD from Boston market.

I doubt any are. If you check Brattleboro, which is the closest VT city to Boston, they don't get hd channels from Directv.

Vermont is pretty far from Boston. Parts of the state might get Albany NY when D* strts carrying that city but I would be very surprised if any part of Vermont gets the Boston locals.

I take that back. Windham County is considered part of the Boston DMA. Not sure how but it is.

Windham County is considered part of the Boston DMA. Not sure how but it is.

Cable TV was importing the Boston stations into Brattleboro back when the ADIs were set up by Arbitron. Arbitron is no longer in the TV rating business. Now the entire county is considered to be in the Nielsen Boston DMA.

If you opt to buy a vacation property in Bennington County you could get Albany locals in HD on January 3rd, plus the Burlington stations in SD.

that si amazing to me but youa re indeed correct.

I know some communities in Vermont are, but I forgot the zip code, and now the DirecTV.com website for checking locals hasn't been working, that is why I am asking. It's strange to me that I live in Massachusetts less than 100 miles from Boston and cannot get HD locals, but New Hampshire and Vermont in some counties can. Something is wrong with this picture.

I know some communities in Vermont are, but I forgot the zip code, and now the DirecTV.com website for checking locals hasn't been working, that is why I am asking. It's strange to me that I live in Massachusetts less than 100 miles from Boston and cannot get HD locals, but New Hampshire and Vermont in some counties can. Something is wrong with this picture.

DirecTV seems to have designed satellites that have trouble covering the official DMA much less accommodating those who try to "game" the system.

It appears to me that the DirecTV web site works properly in areas without spot beam problems but returns no results in spot beam problem areas.

Your real problem may be that DirecTV is spending so much time rolling out national HD channels that HD locals are slow to market.

DirecTV seems to have designed satellites that have trouble covering the official DMA much less accommodating those who try to "game" the system.

And interestingly the Chicago spots, (both HD & SD) which is a pretty large market itself across 2 states, manages to reach south across TWO more DMA's to me with no problems - go figure. :D ;)

Well the county has been identified for you. You shoudl be able to find zip codes within that county.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)