OTA Module

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pmalve

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Does anyone know if Motorola makes a ota module that receives digital and analog channels? I wouldn't mind buying it. If not can you use a Dishnetwork module? I don't want to split my antenna cable before Voom receiver to hook up tv tuner as I lose signal and my weaker channels become unwatchable. It would be nice to have analog signals to use as a backup, then I could cancel my basic cable that I use for backup now. I helped my friend get his ota set up with a Directv tuner and it had this feature. Very nice to ba able to seamlessly change type of channels. You could watch Satellite local, analog local and digital local by just changing channel.

if there is such a module I want to know because I want to stay away from it. The last thing ill ever want is analog on my widescreen. LMAO

Sean Mota said:
If you use a +5db splitter (RS), there should not be any quality loss when you split both.

Sean, what is a +5db splitter? I went to RS online and just saw regular splitter and combiners. I have tried those and that is how I know I lost signal strength. If you could give me a RS catalog number I would greatly appreciate it. I hate giving cable company money I don't have to.

Thanks
Mike

Actually, I just checked it is a 3.5 db two way splitter. I split the OTA signal to two receivers. I am sure you can do the same to voom and another analog ota tuner. I do not have a catalog number. I jus went to RS and picked one.

Actually, if the splitter isn't active, it's -3.5dbmv :). The ports may be labeled 3.5db, but that's the actual loss figure, which varies at different frequencies. The UHF's will probably lose more than 3.5dbmv at the high frequencies they utilize.

If you have a pretty decent signal to begin with, there should be little issue with using a good quality two-way splitter.