OTA multipath

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
i live in the 22044 zipcode outside DC. I had reasonale luck with Terk indoor antennas andan attic mount but I hada an installer put in a roof mounted antenna. He chose the CM 4221. It helped my reception on the NBC, CBA and ABC channels ans well as WETA but it is plagued my multipath caused dignal loss on all remaining shannels.

IS there an alternative that might help me/ the installer insists that the CM 4221 is les directuional and less susceptible to multipath than the CM 4228 or Winegard products.

Looks like all those stations are about 40 degrees from your zip code. The other stations (WPXW, WDCW)are off the side of the antenna at 252 and 55 degrees. The CM4221 has a window of about 80 degeress off the front.

Go to www.antenna.org to see this.

The antennas direct 43 xg will be a good choice to tame multipath at your home. you could also purchase the 91 xg and remove the front section if you think signal is too stong or if you need a little more beamwidth and the antenna becomes the 43 xg.

The only issue is the i network..but who the hell watches that channel anyway.

You will need an antenna with some balls (gain) because your antenna web results are not typical for less the 10 miles from the towers and hints at reception issues. you should normally be all yellow at those distances.

the bowties stink at handling multipath and should be avoided there.

* red - uhf WETA-DT 26.1 PBS WASHINGTON DC 40° 2.3 27
* blue - uhf WHUT-DT 33 PBS WASHINGTON DC TBD 43° 7.3 33
* blue - uhf WRC-DT 4.1 NBC WASHINGTON DC 46° 6.6 48
* blue - uhf WTTG-DT 5.1 FOX WASHINGTON DC 41° 7.5 36
* blue - uhf WFDC-DT 14.1 TFA ARLINGTON VA 46° 6.6 15
* blue - uhf WUSA-DT 9.1 CBS WASHINGTON DC 43° 7.3 34
* blue - uhf WJLA-DT 7.1 ABC WASHINGTON DC 43° 7.3 39
* violet - uhf WPXW-DT 66.1 i MANASSAS VA 252° 10.8 43
* violet - uhf WDCW-DT 50.1 CW WASHINGTON DC 55° 9.7 51

The only issue is the i network..but who the hell watches that channel anyway.

Very few, but most "i" stations have a new kids only subchannel, QUBO. I have not seen it, but homes that won't do DBS or cable have a new family option.

I thought that qubo was supposed to carry old sitcoms and the like. Or am I thinking of another service?

qubo is a fulltime channel, what NBC shows on Saturday is just a lil bit of what it is. Now if i had a station closer than 150 miles from me, I may be able to let my sons watch it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts