OTA Not Coming in

bucks17

Original poster
Dec 14, 2004
Newbie here trying to get my local FOX station (WTTE-28 Columbus OH)

I have scanned the locals and come up with a signal strangth of 87 for WTTE. WSYX ABC is located on the same tower and it has a strength of 99 (more power i think). Anyways, I am getting ABC to come in, but for WTTE I am getting a message that no signal is being recieved.

I have tried a soft re-boot and a hard re-boot and neither one has seemed to work.

Is there something that I am missing? Can I try something else? I am only 6 or 7 miles from the tower and it seems funny that the one station comes in fine off the tower but the other doesn't.

1-Does the Fox station in your PG has program guide information? I assume that it is in your DMA area. Is it? Do me a favor go to antennaweb.org and get a listing of digital stations only for your area and post here. I want to see if this station is in your DMA.

2 - Check this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=10239

it has users from your area as well.

robert,

Thanks for that suggestion. After I did the scan, I hit green to save and continue and then went to the verify voom and wham, I now get fox.

Sean,

I do get the program guide info, and it is listed on antennaweb. However, after looking at that new info, it seems tat I should be also getting WWHO-UPN. I tuned that in the aim antenna section section and it comes in at 81 strength, but does not save it. I am not dying for this channel but it might have something on in the future that i might like to see.

Right now I am just stoked that I can watch my football in hi-def on FOX.

Thank you both for your quick responses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)